BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UC statement?

2 posters

Go down

UC statement? Empty UC statement?

Post by marky Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:48 am

Hi, according to my journal, my next UC statement is due 3 days after my assessment period ends? Is this normal?

I'm sure its supposed to be a day after? for example 20th august - 19th september (statement should be available on 20th sept?)

I wonder why this is?

marky

Back to top Go down

UC statement? Empty Re: UC statement?

Post by Committed Claimant Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:23 am

You might be able to work out what the 'normal' practice is, or should be, by checking back to see what happened in previous months.

Check out this link:
https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/how-youre-paid

Your first payment

It usually takes around 5 weeks to get your first payment.

If you need help with your living costs while you wait for your first payment, you can apply for an advance.

The wait before your first payment is made up of a one month assessment period and up to 7 days for the payment to reach your account.

Example

You make a new Universal Credit claim on 1 September.

Your first assessment period runs for one month to 30 September, with a new assessment period beginning on 1 October.

You get paid on 7 October and on the 7th of each month after that.

Payment dates

After the first payment, you’ll be paid on the same date of every month.

If your payment date is on a weekend or a bank holiday you’ll be paid on the working day before.

You’ll get a monthly statement that tells you how much Universal Credit you’re going to get.

PS: Perhaps you might be able to help me here. If you are in receipt of Universal Credit you will doubtless have a reasonably up to date Claimant Commitment.

My question is, does this requirement, or anything similar, appear anywhere in your Claimant Commitment?

“I’ll sign in to my online account often to complete activities in my to-do list and report changes of circumstances promptly.”
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down