BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Rent: a writer living in a shed on the best books on the housing crisis

Go down

Generation Rent: a writer living in a shed on the best books on the housing crisis  Empty Generation Rent: a writer living in a shed on the best books on the housing crisis

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:07 am

"Before I made myself a home in a shed, I was trapped in insecure renting and low-paid work. I felt alienated by books that failed to confront the preoccupying, draining effort of trying to stay housed."

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/jul/29/generation-rent-property-knut-hamsun-john-berger-richard-mcguire

Back to top Go down

Generation Rent: a writer living in a shed on the best books on the housing crisis  Empty Re: Generation Rent: a writer living in a shed on the best books on the housing crisis

Post by Martin78 Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:07 pm

The days of Home Ownership are dead and gone, with a minimum of a £20,000 deposit (triple that in London) how the hell can anyone save that amount, unless one has rich parents or a very good guaranteed job for life.
No renting will grow and grow, ever increasing rents will create more homeless people, Living standards for most will cont to drop, we will all soon be back to 1930s living and housing standards.

Martin78

Back to top Go down