BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incapacity Benefit to ESA

3 posters

Go down

Incapacity Benefit to ESA Empty Incapacity Benefit to ESA

Post by heatedmedia Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi all, I'm new here. I have been on I.B. since 2011, I had to go to tribunal, but I won. I've not been contacted since winning, but have just received a letter telling me that I need to move to ESA as I.Benefit is no longer used. I have the ESA form to fill in and I am wondering whether my claim will just be changed over from one to the other, or will I have to attend a medical etc? The last time I went through all this it almost killed me, the zero points after ATOS medical along with all the lies I had to contest, the appeal, waiting to go to tribunal (terrified), I won eventually but it took the best part of a year so I'm petrified that I'm gonna have to do it all again. Is it possible that they might just switch me to ESA once they receive my ESA50? Has that happened for anyone else migrating from I. Benefit to ESA? I would be very grateful for any advice offered, I'm in a proper state.

heatedmedia

Back to top Go down

Incapacity Benefit to ESA Empty Re: Incapacity Benefit to ESA

Post by Caker Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Welcome to the forum heatedmedia.

Someone with more information should be on the forum soon.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:09 pm

your incapacity benefit should change over to the new esa system without any problems at all

there shouldnt be any new forms to fill out on a straight change over

heres the info that you require

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/how-we-can-help/benefits-information/incapacity-benefits-migration

No new claim will be required for the move to ESA, the process will be triggered by a notice to the customer. wrote:
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:36 pm

@heatedmedia

May I ask if you requested the form, or if it was sent to you without you requesting it please?
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down