BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What you should do if you receive Universal Credit cuts from the DWP due to bedroom tax

2 posters

Go down

What you should do if you receive Universal Credit cuts from the DWP due to bedroom tax Empty What you should do if you receive Universal Credit cuts from the DWP due to bedroom tax

Post by Welfare-Champion Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:35 am

But Citizens Advice says if someone on Universal Credit rents out a spare room to a lodger, they'll still get their benefit reduced by bedroom tax.

But the income from the lodger won't be taken into account by the Department for Work and Pensions.
So this is a way to offset the reduction caused by the bedroom tax.https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/universal-credit-dwp-payments-tax-16032306

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

What you should do if you receive Universal Credit cuts from the DWP due to bedroom tax Empty Re: What you should do if you receive Universal Credit cuts from the DWP due to bedroom tax

Post by Admin Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:08 pm

just to make you aware they are clauses on council and private tenancy abiut subletting your property to others it can cost you an eviction if you sublet to another tennent

i looked into it myself before i lost my battle tried everything including room size critera even applied for dissmisel on room size critera for one of the bedrooms i had as it would only fit a small single bed in it and wardrobe and a single bedside cabinet

the local housing refused to accept my appeal on the bedroom criteria on its size the other 2 rooms was at ample size to classify them as a bedroom

many ex council houses and council house still have that box room minus the staircase box in them they class them as a bedroom even at 6ft. x 6ft square
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down