BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you be forced to apply for a job that requires an enhanced DBS check?

4 posters

Go down

Can you be forced to apply for a job that requires an enhanced DBS check? Empty Can you be forced to apply for a job that requires an enhanced DBS check?

Post by ABC Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 am

Does anyone know if the Jobcentre can force a claimant to apply for a job that requires an enhanced DBS check if the claimant objects to having one?
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Can you be forced to apply for a job that requires an enhanced DBS check? Empty Re: Can you be forced to apply for a job that requires an enhanced DBS check?

Post by Non Deficere Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:22 am

ABC wrote:Does anyone know if the Jobcentre can force a claimant to apply for a job that requires an enhanced DBS check if the claimant objects to having one?

ABC,

Firstly, have you been mandated to a job you could do?

Secondly, how have you been specifically notified?

Thanks!
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Can you be forced to apply for a job that requires an enhanced DBS check? Empty Re: Can you be forced to apply for a job that requires an enhanced DBS check?

Post by ABC Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:43 am

No, this is me preparing for a time when I might be forced to apply. It's a what if question because I would definitely object to having an enhanced DBS check.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:54 pm

ABC wrote:No, this is me preparing for a time when I might be forced to apply. It's a what if question because I would definitely object to having an enhanced DBS check.

A DBS is normally sought when a candidate is successful at interview.

It may never happen.

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:26 am

You will have to excuses my ignorance here. But what is the difference between the standard DBS check and the other varieties the as the ‘Enhanced’ & ‘Enhanced with Barred list’?  confused

https://www.gov.uk/dbs-check-applicant-criminal-record/get-a-standard-or-enhanced-dbs-check-for-an-employee

Also how far back does these DBS check go? “A criminal records scheme seeing people lose jobs over minor offences committed decades ago is unlawful, the UK’s highest court has ruled.”(Wednesday 30 January 2019). So I was wondering how far back they search applicants.    

Can you be forced to apply for a job that requires an enhanced DBS check? 2688132817

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/criminal-record-checks-dbs-unlawful-human-rights-supreme-court-children-book-a8754531.html

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:14 am

It's a good question. All NHS posts state that the candidate is to pay for the DBS (standard or otherwise) out of their first wage. This includes part time wages, which I think is totally unfair as it is a disproportionate cost when compared to a full time wage.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down