BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When should I close my claim to guarantee payment?

2 posters

Go down

When should I close my claim to guarantee payment? Empty When should I close my claim to guarantee payment?

Post by dylan Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:25 pm

I'm on UC full service. I get £317.82 which works out roughly a day rate of £10.59

My current assesment period is January 4th - February 3rd and the next one is February 4th - March 3rd. I get paid on the 10th of every month.

My situation is I have a job confirmed abroad - but it doesn't start until the end of April. Basically my work coach knows about this but she is still pushing me into/heavily suggesting things to do in the meantime and I fear I am going to get mandated to go on a pointless course, forced into voluntary stuff, or whatever bullshit punishment they can muster up until I close my claim. I think she just wants me to close my claim well before April or will punish me into doing so with schemes and threats etc.

I'm still adhering to my CC and applying for jobs as required. I just want some knowledge that could help me re; payments

If I closed my claim midpoint through an assessment period would I still get that many days worth in my final payment? Or is it an all or nothing situation on Universal Credit? If I knew I could close my claim 20 days (for example) into an assessment period I would be content knowing that roughly £200 or whatever would be on its way to me on payment day but I would just like it confirmed please

dylan

Back to top Go down

When should I close my claim to guarantee payment? Empty Re: When should I close my claim to guarantee payment?

Post by Admin Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:56 pm

whatever you do you must continue you jobsearch dont stop just because you have a job to go to at a so called time

if you do you do face an ase sanction

the answer is no if you stop mid month you loose out if you stop 3 days before your assesement period you still loose out

reference here

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/7064/#30921
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

When should I close my claim to guarantee payment? Empty Re: When should I close my claim to guarantee payment?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:42 am

xxxxxx

Last edited by Miguel1975 on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by dylan Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:01 pm

Thanks guys but thats ridiculous that people arent entitled to part month payments. You used to be able to on JSA! Evil or Very Mad

I guess to be absoloute sure i should just wait for the statement to be confirmed in online journal, this is usually done one day after assessment period ends i believe.

I'm just super paranoid about sanctions with this work coach now. What if a sanction arises a few days before the end of an assessment period? i'm confused about sanctions v benefit suspensions https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/323287/response/800027/attach/5/Annex%202%20Suspensions%20Terminations%20and%20Withdrawals%20KM.pdf

universal credit is a joke

dylan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down