BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General opinion of jobfairs, is it mandatory?

3 posters

Go down

General opinion of jobfairs, is it mandatory? Empty General opinion of jobfairs, is it mandatory?

Post by roberto Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:11 pm

Just after some general opinions of jobfairs as I've never been to one before and my workcoach has suggested one for me next week and emailed me information about it. Are they / can they be worthwhile or is it just a load of rubbish and leach employees at these things hoping for low hanging fruit?

And a seperate issue - for my non-attendance at this thing to be a sanctionable offence, does it have to be included in my claimant commitment and/or a jobseekers direction?

I can't just get a sanction referral if it was part of an informal chat? Maybe he recorded it in my profile on his PC that we can't see , but its definitely not on my online journal or CC, and havent been given a jobseekers direction

roberto

Back to top Go down

General opinion of jobfairs, is it mandatory? Empty Re: General opinion of jobfairs, is it mandatory?

Post by Non Deficere Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:11 am

roberto wrote:Just after some general opinions of jobfairs as I've never been to one before and my workcoach has suggested one for me next week and emailed me information about it. Are they / can they be worthwhile or is it just a load of rubbish and leach employees at these things hoping for low hanging fruit?

And a seperate issue - for my non-attendance at this thing to be a sanctionable offence, does it have to be included in my claimant commitment and/or a jobseekers direction?

I can't just get a sanction referral if it was part of an informal chat? Maybe he recorded it in my profile on his PC that we can't see , but its definitely not on my online journal or CC, and havent been given a jobseekers direction

Missed this post.

It depends!

Legacy JSA
Attendance can only be made mandatory via the issue of a Jobseekers's Direction, which must be reasonable and tailored to the individual.  The work coach would need to know which employers are attending the jobs fair and the types of job roles on offer.

UC
You must to be lawfully notified via a written or oral notification, usually via your claimant commitment.
The work related activity must be beneficial in the Secretary of State's opinion!

You are still entitled to make representation if necessary.

Last edited by Non Deficere on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

General opinion of jobfairs, is it mandatory? Empty Re: General opinion of jobfairs, is it mandatory?

Post by Absolut Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:21 am

I went to one and it was very much geared towards apprenticeships. I did get an interview with a local firm but it didn't pan out.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down