BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I No Longer Care About Unemployment Stats – And Why You Shouldn’t Either

+4
El-dudeareno
Brutus
Caker
echidna
8 posters

Go down

Why I No Longer Care About Unemployment Stats – And Why You Shouldn’t Either Empty Why I No Longer Care About Unemployment Stats – And Why You Shouldn’t Either

Post by echidna Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:28 am

echidna

Back to top Go down

Why I No Longer Care About Unemployment Stats – And Why You Shouldn’t Either Empty Re: Why I No Longer Care About Unemployment Stats – And Why You Shouldn’t Either

Post by Caker Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Good article E.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Why I No Longer Care About Unemployment Stats – And Why You Shouldn’t Either Empty Re: Why I No Longer Care About Unemployment Stats – And Why You Shouldn’t Either

Post by Brutus Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 pm

Unemployment statistics have been tampered so much, that have lost any credibility. This has been so for decades.

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:13 am

Good point Brutus. Can we ever trust any statistic anymore?  Indeed is the “truth” becoming an abstract concept, that future generations will treat with scepticism the legends of Atlantis or El-Dorado?  cyclops
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:29 am

What is possible to trust in any highly tendentious subject, is the source of the information and how it is obtained.

This however requires time, dedication and understanding of the process. In the case of unemployment figures, it is mainly the Office of National Statistics that is made to produces hyperboles of assumptions on questionable data (mostly from taxes and surveys).

When last I looked, cursory to the actual data, I tentatively thought that al least a third of the nation is in a way or another not working or in average part time working.

But this is not the only aspect to be considered as the work done by many people itself is not essential, meaning that the jobs main function is that of providing and income to someone. Much of our overdeveloped management both in term of numbers and salaries is nonsensical and befit only a "renter" economy. In a competitive economy it would never survive.

The point I am making is that is the world of work that is changing. Nobody need to work much any more in order to provide acceptable leaving standards, it is the wealth distribution that is the reason of poverty and social strife.

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:41 am

Very Happy

Last edited by oneman on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel-1 Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:22 pm

Now "Oneman" thats what I call a BAD Day;

Unemployment Stats are False, to start with Many "Unemployed" are not even counted,
being on Courses, Placements and other useless crap, until I moved My Local Unemployment was 40% Plus, local media claimed it was 10%; Rubbish.
Now in my "New Area" its still around 20%;
So I ignore Fake Tory crap, and get the Real information on-line.

Rebel-1
Rebel-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Welcome again Rebel-1/Paul U Very Happy

The definition of unemployment is constantly changing and is manipulated by every government in force!  Sad
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by dboy Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Rebel-1 wrote:Now "Oneman" thats what I call a BAD Day;

Unemployment Stats are False, to start with Many "Unemployed" are not even counted,
being on Courses, Placements and other useless crap, until I moved My Local Unemployment was 40% Plus, local media claimed it was 10%; Rubbish.
Now in my "New Area" its still around 20%;
So I ignore Fake Tory crap, and get the Real information on-line.

Hey Paul
I only just saw your message the other day on that forum devoted to users whose real names only begin with Paul not really been around my regular haunts for a couple of months not even my own.

I am only just catching up but still active in various parts of the inter-webs still churning away but still frustrated nothing has really changed and doubt at this moment anything really will.

Very disappointed with the outcome of legalising Cannabis which also distracted me for a while and Labour are well dodgy about saying they will scrap the conservatives sanction regime.

When you Look at Labours Sanction regime in April 2000 roughly 58,000 sanction decisions were made .

Yet April 2018 under the conservatives sanction regime only 3.968 decisions were made.

No mention from Labour about scrapping the welfare reforms and or scrapping the jobseeker act just scrap universal credit which is only part of the overall package.

Obviously Labour would need a large majority win so they have the space to make radical reforms as is the case for any political party but not a peep that would ever be their intention.

Paul

dboy

https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:13 pm

dboy wrote:

Yet April 2018 under the conservatives sanction regime only 3.968 decisions were made.
I think I might have boosted that figure to 4.968 dboy. That is a pretty unique club. Laughing
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel-1 Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi Paul, from Paul [ Rebel-1 ]
Think I might change my user name as you all know who I am.

Been off-line for a week after a row with my ISP, So Changed ISPs, wish a Government change was as easy;
I Dont believe a single word ANY Government says;
Still have utter fools telling me Unemployment is at its lowest levels in years..........
Like Where ?Mad Sad
Rebel-1
Rebel-1

Back to top Go down

Post by dboy Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Yep the unemployment figures are a con. If we accept we have full employment (swallow the bullshit) Why have the tables not shifted in the balance of power between employee and employer which is what should happen in a capitalistic regime with market forces etc.

Why has it not delivered the dream, why are wages not rising, why is poverty, homelessness, mental health issues and suicides on the increase.

The real unemployment level is probably around 24% if we defined it has anyone working more than 16 hours per week and not include those dead sanctioned or working 1 hour per week.

Then those of us who have got this Universal hellhole breathing down our necks.

7-8  million low paid workers will eventually become slaves when Universal credit fully rolls out if in work conditionality is implemented after the trials.

They will be subject to the same regime as the unemployed and pushed to work 35 hours at minimum wage with a financial whipping should they make a simple administrative error.

Lets say if they do implement in work conditionality a cleaner has 2 jobs a day 1 hours travel between job and spends 2.5 hours on each job for 5 hours a day 6 days a week administer their own benefits find time for appointment at the job centre should they be called in and still have to job search even if on holiday.

The line is blurring between workers and the unemployed which would not be a bad thing if conditionality was removed from the system for all groups but no party wants to do that.

I fell for Labours smoke and mirrors on benefits at one point but came to my senses.

We got the disaster that is Universal Credit the chaos of Brexit along with ministers blatantly lying without any consequences and a opposition that offers no alternative.

Batten down the hatches the real storm is yet come !

And If they are saying austerity is over then they should end the benefit freeze and give a decent rise for the basic rate on this next budget but I doubt it.

dboy

https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down