BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWP agrees to trial warnings before imposing a sanction

4 posters

Go down

DWP agrees to trial warnings before imposing a sanction  Empty DWP agrees to trial warnings before imposing a sanction

Post by Admin Sun May 27, 2018 12:06 pm

over on the news service of the pcs union

24 May 2018

DWP has announced plans to trial giving claimants a written warning, instead of a sanction, for a first sanctionable failure to attend a Work-Search Review.

PCS welcomes any measure that reduces the punitive impact of the government’s sanctions policies and a system of warnings before imposing sanctions is a positive step. It is a small sign that even this government is starting to accept that the current sanctions regime is too harsh.

Unfortunately at present DWP is only proposing a small scale test of issuing warnings. PCS believes that, as a minimum, DWP should introduce warnings before any sanctions are issued across the UK.

https://www.pcs.org.uk/news/dwp-agrees-to-trial-warnings-before-imposing-a-sanction
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

DWP agrees to trial warnings before imposing a sanction  Empty Re: DWP agrees to trial warnings before imposing a sanction

Post by Brutus Tue May 29, 2018 3:25 am

I thought I read  somewhere else in the Forum, that the government had quietly dropped the feasibility study on the idea"

(https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t2074-government-drops-scheme-to-stop-people-being-wrongly-stripped-of-their-benefits-because-it-is-a-burden#6338)
Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

DWP agrees to trial warnings before imposing a sanction  Empty Re: DWP agrees to trial warnings before imposing a sanction

Post by ABC Tue May 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Admin wrote:DWP has announced plans to trial giving claimants a written warning, instead of a sanction, for a first sanctionable failure to attend a Work-Search Review.

Well that's confusing. The current system for WSR is that a written warning is given on the first FTA and a sanction applied if there is a second FTA. There's a special form they are supposed to give to you on your first FTA as a warning. So what's new in this trial? Seems to me that it's just propaganda to make it look like they're compromising when in fact they're doing nothing. Evil or Very Mad

@Brutus, I think the difference is that this trial is specific to work search reviews but the other full trial they did was for warnings for any sanctionable offence.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down