work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Mon May 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Anyone know anything about work search review declaration form for jsa. I cant scan it but they also calling it a declaration coupon.

Basically you fill should fill it in and drop it off each fortnight between lets say 12:00 and 12:45. giving us a  45 minuet window.

The form/coupon says you must put your Email address and telephone number NI number on the form and then to take along a form of ID together with your job search evidence. Failure to do so will affect your benefits.

So far I managed to provide my job search evidence verbally and refuse to give them my email and telephone so it is something I have no wish to do.

What would be the best way to approach this I am thinking a letter to the office manager to write back to confirm  I do not need to put my contact details ?

No idea why this form has suddenly appeared  they could be separating jsa claimants to a fast track system as the numbers diminish and allow the staff to concentrate on UC or it could be a result of me standing up to them on my last encounter.


Last edited by Caker on Mon May 14, 2018 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Caker on Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 pm

I think we need to know if this is a national initiative or just something specific to your JC.

If the latter then it has no basis in law and is just another coercive data gathering exercise.

Are there any FOIs published about declaration coupons?
avatar
Caker

Posts : 932
Points : 1313
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2017-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Non Deficere on Mon May 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Hello dboy

You cannot be mandated to provide your job search in a particular manner.  

Postal claimants provide their declaration and job search by post.

The law requires that you must be notified to attend an interview to provide information about your circumstances, availability and the extent to which you have been actively seeking employment.

Attendance 23. 1
A claimant shall
Participate in an interview in such manner, time and place as an employment officer may specify by a notification which is given or sent to the claimant and which may be in writing, by telephone or by electronic means.
24.—(1) A claimant shall provide such information as to his circumstances, his availability for employment and the extent to which he is actively seeking employment as may be required by the Secretary of State in order to determine the entitlement of the claimant to a jobseeker’s allowance, whether that allowance is payable to him and, if so, in what amount.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1996/207/pdfs/uksi_19960207_301117_en.pdf

8Attendance, information and evidence.
(1)Regulations may make provision for requiring a claimant [F1(other than a joint-claim couple claiming a joint-claim jobseeker’s allowance)]—
(a)to [F2participate in an interview in such manner, time and place] as [F3an employment officer] may specify; and
(b)to provide information and such evidence as may be prescribed as to his circumstances, his availability for employment and the extent to which he is actively seeking employment.
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1995/18/section/8

Reviewing Work Search Activity
32. A discussion with the claimant must always take place, to find out what
they have been doing to look for work each week within the payment
period in question.
 This is to confirm the claimant has been actively
seeking work, by undertaking all that can be reasonably expected and can
therefore be paid any Jobseeker’s Allowance/National Insurance credits
due.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/301001/response/742479/attach/html/3/Work%20Search%20Reviews.pdf.html

Annex 2
Reviewing jobsearch

194.  The JSA Regulations do not specify that claimants must keep written records of
their job search
. However, encouraging a claimant to keep a written record of
the steps they have taken can help them to remember what they have done,
and will help to build up a picture of the progress the claimant is making in their
efforts to find work.  
195. A claimant may have set up their own records, but if their record keeping is
inadequate, or non-existent encourage them to use the Jobsearch Activity Log
(ES4).
196. The evidence of jobsearch produced when they attend to have their regular
reviews may be in various forms:
•  information they have provided from their Universal Jobmatch account;  
•  evidence in writing from employers, employment agencies, or other
organisations which they have contacted;  
•  copies of letters they have sent to employers;  
•  the claimant’s un-corroborated written evidence, for example an ES4;  
•  the claimant’s verbal evidence  
•  evidence from previous Jobsearch Reviews recorded on LMS.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/250075/response/610890/attach/html/3/FoI%20request%20281%20WDTK%20response%20Mr%20Smith..pdf.html

A letter including the relevant information above should suffice.

This unlawful activity has taken place in other districts.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/work_search_review_declaration_d#incoming-1161034

There is no requirement in law for a claimant to provide an email address and/or a telephone number to claim benefits or to prove availability and actively seeking work.


Last edited by Non Deficere on Sat May 19, 2018 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add info)
avatar
Non Deficere

Posts : 209
Points : 441
Reputation : 72
Join date : 2017-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Mon May 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Thanks ND for the swift concise response as always much appreciated, happy to note you are aware of the form and as you say it is appearing in other districts so at least I now know it is not personal lol.

Always intrigued by the motivation behind any move the DWP make .I have some suspicions such as changing the goal posts botherability as they call it for those who have used UJM previously to show their work history,
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Non Deficere on Tue May 15, 2018 7:15 am

dboy wrote:Thanks ND for the swift concise response as always much appreciated, happy to note you are aware of the form and as you say it is appearing in other districts so at least I now know it is not personal lol.

Always intrigued by the motivation behind any move the DWP make .I have some suspicions such as changing the goal posts botherability as they call it for those who have used UJM previously to show their work history,

I suspect DWP need to release time for the mass preparation of updated JSA and UC Claimant Commitments with the imminent demise of Universal Jobmatch.

If people feel under pressure to sign up to the Find A Job service, you can ask for a revision once you have more information about the site.

Let us know what is happening in your Jobcentre.
avatar
Non Deficere

Posts : 209
Points : 441
Reputation : 72
Join date : 2017-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Tue May 15, 2018 10:53 am

Just one more change at mine not sure if it the same everywhere else, it is no longer called Jobcentre Plus they dropped the plus and the green branding and it is now called simply Jobcentre.
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Caker on Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 pm

dboy wrote:Just one more change at mine not sure if it the same everywhere else, it is no longer called Jobcentre Plus they dropped the plus and the green branding and it is now called simply Jobcentre.

That's interesting. Any photos of the new branding, just out of interest? I imagine that will get rolled out nationally.
avatar
Caker

Posts : 932
Points : 1313
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2017-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Wed May 16, 2018 8:45 am

Everything is just printed out in black and white do not think they have any stationary yet but the all the cubicles and seating are now a dirty bright orange looks like the 1970s in there.
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Thu May 17, 2018 3:33 pm

I suspect DWP need to release time for the mass preparation of updated JSA and UC Claimant Commitments with the imminent demise of Universal Jobmatch.  

Yes that makes sense as most of them would be invalid by July, it looks like there's also few changes in the pipeline during work search reviews probably to have another bite at the cherry.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/adzunas_find_a_job_technology_jo#incoming-1158772
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Sat May 19, 2018 3:12 pm

I am answering a message ND posted but has now vanished confused

Well looks like this worm has to get up earlier I feel like the frog in your avatar, I thought you were taking it easy lol.

I wanted something to show that confirms from the central team I do not have to include my email/telephone specifically on that form whoever takes it from from me and why I have not filled in all the sections, just saves all the messing around or worry my money might not go through.

I have a interview on Monday with the manager on a unrelated problem. I am going to bring this form up at some point.

It is easier for me to tackle a work coach on a one to one to prevent any problems but dropping off forms I need to know they know if that makes sense.

The unrelated problem was a right mess around, I handed in a jsa28 at the front desk, the clerk asked me to open it up in front of her and then we both went to a terminal and they looked if I was eligible, told me everything was ok will send form off, this was Monday I was due to sign Tuesday.

Done this before and I normally get my money Friday however it never went in this time so I rang up.

09:00am Rang free phone
09:45am Phone Answered was told no form received nothing on screen will contact caerphilly and they have 3 hours to get in touch with me and no later than 1:00pm
1:00 pm no phone call
1:30 I rang back
2:35 they answered got back in touch with Caerphilly told it was on their desk and would get a call back within next half a hour.
3:30 no call back
3:45 rang DWP
4:20 phone answered chap said would get in touch with caerphilly again put me on hold
4:30 They disconnected my call
4:30 rang back DWP
6:00 no answer gave up
6:45 call from local office apologised form missing I have been classed as failed to attend need to go in Monday to fill in new form or claim will be closed

His hands were tied (apparently) nothing he could do until form filled in Monday.

avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Caker on Sat May 19, 2018 5:04 pm

@dboy
Is there any option for you to email the JSA28 (scanned copy) to you district manager another time? I have been doing just that with documents and it has worked out better because:-
1) you have proof the document was sent and when.
2) you know they have it
3) they know you know they have it
4) there is no need to attend the JC in person
5) No one can claim your document was 'lost'

I very often use the phrase 'for the avoidance of all doubt' in my correspondence with DWP, just so they know I mean business and I will not accept any denial that they have been provided with the correct information.

I hope this helps.
avatar
Caker

Posts : 932
Points : 1313
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2017-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Non Deficere on Sat May 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Sorry dboy, I moved my extra information to this post:

http://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t2037-work-search-review-declaration-declaration-coupon#6219

I Agree with Caker, there is no requirement to attend the Jobcentre to complete a JSA28 form.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/jsa_sickness_policy_procedure#incoming-860979
avatar
Non Deficere

Posts : 209
Points : 441
Reputation : 72
Join date : 2017-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Sat May 19, 2018 7:27 pm

Caker wrote:@dboy
Is there any option for you to email the JSA28 (scanned copy) to you district manager another time? I have been doing just that with documents and it has worked out better because:-
1) you have proof the document was sent and when.
2) you know they have it
3) they know you know they have it
4) there is no need to attend the JC in person
5) No one can claim your document was 'lost'

I very often use the phrase 'for the avoidance of all doubt' in my correspondence with DWP, just so they know I mean business and I will not accept any denial that they have been provided with the correct information.

I hope this helps.
For some reason it has never occurred to me to print scan and Email documents over rather than hand deliver them , probably because I do not have a printer/scanner but think it will be worth the peace of mind to grab one at some point and do what you suggest in the future, I hand deliver because I do not trust the post and it is always a worry wondering if they have received it, seems delivering by hand now is just as fraught.
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Sat May 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Non Deficere wrote:Sorry dboy, I moved my extra information to this post:
No worries I must have posted the same time you moved it.
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Non Deficere on Sun May 20, 2018 9:05 am

dboy wrote:.

I wanted something to show that confirms from the central team I do not have to include my email/telephone specifically on that form whoever takes it from from me and why I have not filled in all the sections, just saves all the messing around or worry my money might not go through.

I have a interview on Monday with the manager on a unrelated problem. I am going to bring this form up at some point.

It is easier for me to tackle a work coach on a one to one to prevent any problems but dropping off forms I need to know they know if that makes sense.

The unrelated problem was a right mess around, I handed in a jsa28 at the front desk, the clerk asked me to open it up in front of her and then we both went to a terminal and they looked if I was eligible, told me everything was ok will send form off, this was Monday I was due to sign Tuesday.

Done this before and I normally get my money Friday however it never went in this time so I rang up.

09:00am Rang free phone
09:45am Phone Answered was told no form received nothing on screen will contact caerphilly and they have 3 hours to get in touch with me and no later than 1:00pm
1:00 pm no phone call
1:30 I rang back
2:35 they answered got back in touch with Caerphilly told it was on their desk and would get a call back within next half a hour.
3:30 no call back
3:45 rang DWP
4:20 phone answered chap said would get in touch with caerphilly again put me on hold
4:30 They disconnected my call
4:30 rang back DWP
6:00 no answer gave up
6:45 call from local office apologised form missing I have been classed as failed to attend need to go in Monday to fill in new form or claim will be closed

His hands were tied (apparently) nothing he could do until form filled in Monday.


Ask the manager to produce the internal guidance that permits DWP to mandate you to show your jobsearch without an interview and to provide your email and telephone number on an unofficial form.

Good luck! Smile
avatar
Non Deficere

Posts : 209
Points : 441
Reputation : 72
Join date : 2017-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Admin on Sun May 20, 2018 1:47 pm

on reading this im wondering if they are trying to implement the postal reference to this

the ones where they live too far from the jcp offices and have to provide their evidence via the postal service or once every 2 weeks either emailed or via alternative ways
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1489
Points : 3103
Reputation : 151
Join date : 2017-04-13

View user profile http://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Caker on Sun May 20, 2018 4:29 pm

I bought my HP copy/scan/printer from tesco for c £35. I know that is half a weeks benefit but well worth saving up for. The other scan option is the library if they do it.
avatar
Caker

Posts : 932
Points : 1313
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2017-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Sun May 20, 2018 6:08 pm

This is basically the format of the letter on the form, the reverse is a standard declaration


How to complete your fortnightly declaration.

You must complete your full name, National insurance number telephone number and Email address

This declaration must be signed and completed by the date on the top of this letter and not before.

It must be brought into the office on X date between 12:00-12:45

You must also bring with you a form of identification. Failure to do so will affect your benefits.
It is your responsibility to ensure you hand in this form at the main reception, together with your job search evidence for the previous fortnight.

Please note if your job search evidence does not meet the expectations for claiming Jobseekers Allowance as required we may try to contact you to obtain further evidence of job search, or may refer you to a decision maker.

It does appear to be a copy and paste with a few minor adjustments from a postal form, I live 2.9 miles away from local job centre 3 miles I think you can ask for postal signing so close yet so far lol.
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Sun May 20, 2018 6:33 pm

Non Deficere wrote:
Ask the manager to produce the internal guidance that permits DWP to mandate you to show your jobsearch without an interview and to provide your email and telephone number on an unofficial form.

Good luck! Smile

Thank you I will, always a bad time to catch me is when I am hungry been a long weekend, I hope I can contain myself to be honest or find a snicker before the meet.
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Sun May 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Admin wrote:on reading this im wondering if they are trying to implement the postal reference to this

the ones where they live too far from the jcp offices and have to provide their evidence via the postal service or once every 2 weeks either emailed or via alternative ways
I think it is but with slight changes.
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Sun May 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Caker wrote:I bought my HP copy/scan/printer from tesco for c £35. I know that is half a weeks benefit but well worth saving up for. The other scan option is the library if they do it.
Yes they are cheapish nowadays, I am hoping to find one to be honest, I have no savings. no one who can help out or any chance of a loan so I tend to shop at skips often.
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Tarquin Flotsam on Sun May 20, 2018 10:01 pm

Caker wrote:I bought my HP copy/scan/printer from tesco for c £35. I know that is half a weeks benefit but well worth saving up for. The other scan option is the library if they do it.
I've always found with new printers that the ink cartridges are less than half full, and buying new cartridges is almost as expensive as buying a new printer. I preferred to get those DIY refill kits, you save a small fortune.


Last edited by Tarquin Flotsam on Sun May 20, 2018 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
avatar
Tarquin Flotsam

Posts : 52
Points : 73
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2017-04-14
Age : 99
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Sun May 20, 2018 10:12 pm

http://www.bbcnewshub.com/the-10-most-expensive-liquids-in-the-world-2018/
Black Printer Ink is a liquid which is known as one of the most expensive liquid in world as its price is about $2,700 per gallon,
avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Admin on Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 pm

always check alternatives used as a reference

https://www.cashconverters.co.uk/shop/product/epson-stylus-sx200-with-bag-of-ink-used-condition-6-months-warranty/181160

as goes for ink i always used ciss system

which is continuous ink system



saves loads on ink each year
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1489
Points : 3103
Reputation : 151
Join date : 2017-04-13

View user profile http://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by dboy on Mon May 21, 2018 3:12 pm

Went to jobcentre lady who took the form off me was at the front desk, explained I had a appointment with the manager regarding a lost jsa28 and told them it was they who took the form from me.

Could not remember me at first until I reminded them they told me they had lost 7 pounds due to the same illness.

“Oh right the manager is not here today, I am the manager, I will deal with it.”

Went over to the terminal brought my details up and then said with some glee “you failed to attend”

Explained there was no failure that I had informed them the day the before I was due to attend that was the reason I brought in the JSA.

“Oh right,” tap tap tap “I know what happened I put it in the bag. Yes I remember now I put it in the bag. My mistake sorry.”

No idea what “put in the bag” means to be honest but to prevent this from happening in the future have you a Email address so I can scan and Email any forms to prevent this from happening in the future ?

“No you cannot do that for this sorry”

Are you sure I think I can remember reading somewhere you can ?

“No not at all”

Hmm Ok what about my next appointment ?

“We have changed the way we do things now, you will allocated a random work coach each fortnight “

So we wont be using those coupons or seeing the same work coach each fortnight ?

“No”

Well put me on the back foot it was pointless complaining to the manager who messed up and now it seems they are not using the coupons any more

I am not a conspiracy theorist usually but for some reason considering all this has taken place after my work coach properly broke down on the last meeting.

Am I the only person being allocated a random work coach ? Was the expression “in the bag” a insider joke... why have those coupons now seemed to have vanished , was they even a manager or just covering their ass, so left with more questions than answered.

Also the appointment card card now says my personal advisor (not work coach ) with the initials wbr ? (just noticed its a very faded jc025 V2.0 2013)

Seems to me the DWP must have a mountain of old forms, paint ,cubicles etc from days past they are offloading onto this jobcentre wouldn't be surprised to see Jason king on my next appointment.

avatar
dboy

Posts : 52
Points : 65
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Re: work search review declaration / declaration coupon

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum