BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pension age to be raised even more

4 posters

Go down

pension age to be raised even more  Empty pension age to be raised even more

Post by Admin Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 pm

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/05/07/theresa-mays-government-just-caught-breaking-law-millions-will-affected/

The government had been due to release [paywall] the details of the next rise in the state pension age. This could affect around 5.4 million people currently under the age of 45. In a recent review conducted for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), John Cridland CBE said [pdf p.13] by 2039 the age that people can claim their state pension should be 68. wrote:
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

pension age to be raised even more  Empty Re: pension age to be raised even more

Post by Caker Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 am

Sadly, some people will not live long enough to have a retirement Evil or Very Mad
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

pension age to be raised even more  Empty Re: pension age to be raised even more

Post by TheFinnster Sat May 20, 2017 4:16 am

I suspect ill be one of those statistics that dont make it as pepole from my area have an avrage life expectancy of around 55 its just one of the reasons why i have my feet up atm and not giveing a damn about finding work Twisted Evil
TheFinnster
TheFinnster

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat May 20, 2017 9:11 am

http://www.poverty.org.uk/s60/index.shtml

premature death is much more common in Scotland than in England and Wales.  For example, throughout the last decade, the rate of deaths amongst those aged 55 to 64 in Scotland has been at least a quarter higher than in England and Wales for both men and women.  Indeed, Scotland has by far the highest rates of premature death of any region in Great Britain, for both men and women.  Furthermore, all bar three of the local authority areas in Scotland have a higher premature death rate than the England and Wales average, which shows that the high Scottish rate is not just due a high rate in a few local authority areas.

Not sure how old the stats are, but they are quite worrying for anyone living in Scotland Sad

Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFinnster Sun May 21, 2017 2:27 am

Absoulute its still prety grim last i looked I once watched a BBC horizon documentary  that discussed the varying life spans of pepole around the world and they did touch on scotland  glasgow/castlmilk area in pertiular(witch was where i was raised for most of my life) and has the lowest life expectancy of anywhere in britain at the time.
apparently if the reasearch is to be belived  back in the day dureing the industrial revolution apparently in those times everyone was living and working in over crowded cramped conditions witch lead to disease like the common  cold and other infections spreading like wild fire among the work force and there families.
and in turn this apparently lead to certain genetic markers in your DNA that normaly lie dormant to become active and esentialy kick the imune system in to overdrive to protect itselff from the constant attacks but this is problematic for 2 reasons  you body can only keep up that lvl of performance for so long and latter in life  your imune system will not be as efective at fighting stuff off leading to many cases of premature death.
and the second bad thing and this is where it gets scarey for todays generation in scotland apparently these same genetic markers that got trigerd in your great grandad got passed down at least 3-4 generations if i remeber right meaning theres a high chance any decendants from those around at that time  have a high chance of being born with this overactive imune system leading to todays premature death statistics in scotland
im not 100% certain as its been some years since i seen the documentary but i think it was named "ghost in your genes" well worth a watch
TheFinnster
TheFinnster

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun May 21, 2017 6:07 am

Wow, that sure is having the deck stacked against you Shocked

Last edited by Absolut on Sun May 21, 2017 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down