BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWP contractors - wrong advice

2 posters

Go down

DWP contractors - wrong advice Empty DWP contractors - wrong advice

Post by Non Deficere Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:09 am

Read the full decision in CJSA/536/2013.
https://www.gov.uk/administrative-appeals-tribunal-decisions/ab-v-secretary-of-state-for-work-and-pensions-jsa-2018-ukut-43-aac

Judicial Summary
whether an A4e advisor assisting a claimant under the Work Programme and who wrongly told/advised the claimant to stop claiming JSA when he took up an offer of a job, even though he was awaiting CRB checks before he could undertake the job, was an “officer of the [DWP]” for the purposes of regulation 19(5)(d) of the Claims and Payments Regs.

Published 21 February 2018

If, a JCP official acting on behalf of the Secretary of State provides wrong advice a claimant can pursue an appeal to seek redress.

Some providers now have employment officer status allowing them to mandate programme participants to apply for jobs, but this status does grant them the power to give advice that may impact on social security benefits or Working Tax Credits administered by HMRC.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

DWP contractors - wrong advice Empty Re: DWP contractors - wrong advice

Post by Jara Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:54 pm

My friend and her partner was on the Work Programme a while ago. Both of them were living together and in a joint JSA claim. My friend's WPP advisor told her several times she could end the joint claim.. and have the couple do two different single claims for more benefit money.

Had my friend done as advised she could have ended up with repayments, fines, a criminal record, community service or even prison. I know the WPP advisor wanted to be "nice" but these advice can be directly harmful.

And now we are we going to have a our ill and disabled people to get help from these advisors!

Jara

Back to top Go down