BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do we promote BenefitsAdvice after TT?

+4
Admin
Rebel-1
Brutus
oneman
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How do we promote BenefitsAdvice after TT? Empty How do we promote BenefitsAdvice after TT?

Post by oneman Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:17 am

First question is?

Where is TT?

I do genuinely think of him most days.

The lose was huge to us, but admin came and took it over.

IT'S not quite worked out, after though has it?
Even after all the Knowlage and files we put in.

This site needs keeping and Im not sure how to go about it???

What can we do???

(DO NOT MENTION CASH) WE HATE IT BUT ADMIN NEEDS IT.
THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY!!!!!!!
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

How do we promote BenefitsAdvice after TT? Empty Re: How do we promote BenefitsAdvice after TT?

Post by Brutus Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:32 am

TT, for all his faults, was instrumental to start a seed of resistance amongst the unemployed.
This and other sites have had had their roots in his efforts.
I do not know what has become of him and many others of the old group (some can be found in "Welfare Central" that still ticks along) have simply disappeared.

I guess this is partly due to the enormous oppression we all collectively have been subjected to and partly by the fact that to be an admin is a double fatigue.
After a while, one should decide if one has done what it could and if continuance of an endeavour is an unacceptable restriction in the enjoyment of one's own life.

We all could do more but there is no shame in reaching a compromise that make our living too, worth relishing.

Still the efforts of carrying on with Forums like this are an important pursue.
As we live in time of political and social regression, being in touch with like-minded individuals sometimes makes a huge difference.
Like spying a tenuous, flickering light in a dark night.

One think I have however to say: the choice of the forum format as not been, as far as I am concerned, serendipitous.
I found the old format, the one adopted by "Welfare Central" much more inviting and above all more reactive (allowed for more interaction between the participants).
Perhaps, without detracting to the huge debt of gratitude we owe to Admin, we could think to form some form of collective and try to slowly port the forum to that format (and just maybe try and heal the divisions the demise of UM did engender).

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

How do we promote BenefitsAdvice after TT? Empty Re: How do we promote BenefitsAdvice after TT?

Post by Admin Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:01 pm

admin dosnt need cash as this site is free

however it does come with adverts

so site will remain as long as admin uses login details

as ive noticed theres a few sites that have gone down either run there coarse or too much to handle it is a hard work job in its own right keeping up with things

the forum software cannot be like um or like wc asa different format that this site dosnt use

however I can use other formats but for the start u I just picked a simple one that didn't bug many people when using it

we have passed the 6 months period where most sites die a death due to being unknown however this is on the up as more and more sites have been pointing to us
this we thank them for this as much as the members passing out the site info to other new members
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel-1 Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:29 pm

This question is most likely as old as Forums have been running; Years ago there was a huge number of Forums online; I have been involved with a Number of them, As well as Operating Blogs and a Number of Web sites.
Today Facebook and Twitter have "Killed off" a lot of former Forums; TT uses Twitter for his outreach.
Forum involvement is a Lot of Hard work;
I am a Moderator on another forum and as such, I check the Following sources on daily bases to create New Daily Content, they are;
Huffington Post; Vox Political; Morning Star; WSWS; Kilburn Unemployment Group; Welfare Rights; Welfare Weekley; Urban 75; LFC;
This is my Core Sources, I use many others on random bases, Its Time & Commitment.
The forum has 105 Members and up to 400 - 600 Guests per day.
In My view, it would make sense for Benefits Advice and Welfare Central to Merge, But I just cannot see that happening in anytime soon.

So its just down to Lots of New Daily Content, and Plugging across as many other sites as you can.
As for site Format, That's down to a Balancing act between Free & Paid Servers.
Rebel-1
Rebel-1

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:13 pm

It would be lovely to have one site that brings together many friends as well as a pool of invaluable knowledge.

My strong belief in people and the inherent goodness that prevails.  

Brutus, I am not sure what the answer is, but I look forward to any ideas that you or members submit.

Last edited by helping_hand on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:53 pm

I guess there is no resolution to the current situation at this time.

The door remains open?
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:16 pm

I am not sure what the answer is, either.

Still I want again reiterate my debt of gratitude to the Admin for the excellent job of keeping the site running.
Doubly so as I remember from previous forums,  how the present Admin had his own share of personal troubles and griefs.
Doubly so because I for one, never thought of being able to master enough energy to emulate anything, even vaguely, similar. Thanks again  How do we promote BenefitsAdvice after TT? 1983421430  

Regarding the quality and appropriate handling of the forum content, I adopt a laissez faire attitude.
I trust myself in doing what I think is right and trust others to do the same.

After all, while I could shout at the top of my voice I  will be never sure what the interlocutor may understand.
I trust that the inherited goodness we all possess and hope that example and "ubuntu" will at the end prevail.

For our sake, "goodness" has its own reward and its brightness will outshine our wickedness as a sunray the sheen of any gem.  If we loose this ultimate trust, than our purpose, is too, cast in darkness.
Intelligence is there to guide us through a path of shadows and mirrors but hope in the bettering of ourselves and others, should be the comforting thought that give us strength through travails and meaning to our actions.

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Rebel-1 wrote:
The forum has 105 Members and up to 400 - 600 Guests per day.
In My view, it would make sense for Benefits Advice and Welfare Central to Merge, But I just cannot see that happening in anytime soon.

So its just down to Lots of New Daily Content, and Plugging across as many other sites as you can.
As for site Format, That's down to a Balancing act between Free & Paid Servers.

the last part of your post is subject to a rub in however im aware you caught a load of unemployment movement people from the closer of the site

to be honest this site will remain open as long as admin or other partys keep the site open for there users to use

sorry but ive no interest in welfare central since um closed down and the subject happened

i wanted to give people the free chance to help themselves out with free information collected over the internet held upon unemployment movement that is now held here

i was appreciated of the info when i was desperate against the dwp and jobcenter

that I owe thanks to refuted and there site

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:11 am

Thanks for your wise words Brutus!

I second your comments in regards to Admin - thanks from me too!

Sorry to all for my ramblings, I seem to have lost the plot a little these past few days.

helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 am

I second Brutus.

Thanks for all the hard work admin'.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:08 am

Caker wrote:I second Brutus.

Thanks for all the work admin'.

Yes a big thanks is forwarded to Gadily, well done. What a great effort you have made for this site to work. Not sure how we would have managed without you but it's much appreciated, THANKS cheers

Any chance we all can comeup with a bussiness card (sized) flyer I/we could print off and distribute (in the right places Laughing )?

I'm not sure of anyone on here that can do that but Im willing to help.
Perhaps we could all chip in and come up with a simple flyer (bussiness card)

Simple one line comments for the card would be a start.
What do you think?
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:06 am

oh i agree but its best put on a piece of paper then others can just print it out and pass it around

nice idea oneman How do we promote BenefitsAdvice after TT? 2035158131
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:22 pm

I agree Admin.

But what shall we put as the first line?

OPTIONS first and perhaps a vote if we get more options? (Im sure you can manage that Admin Wink )
That must be a start. cheers
After that we can all be involved with design/layout and what it should say. Remember its a cut out size bussiness card/flyer (the more the merrier in the job centre, for me) Very Happy
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 pm

What about a first line,like.

Having problens with Jobcentre + or DWP and need help?
Try us first.
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:45 am

oneman wrote:What about a first line,like.

Having problens with Jobcentre + or DWP and need help?
Try us first.

That looks good Oneman.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:49 am

There are various sites that provide tips and advice on how to promote an on-line forum.

The key points:

1. Content and providing a fount of knowledge in your field.

Much of the information in the Jobseeker Help section will become obsolete as Universal Credit rolls out.   People claiming Universal Credit are 3 times more likely to be sanctioned than JSA clamaints.
Edit: added link.
http://benefitsaware.centralenglandlc.org.uk/universal-credit-sanctions/

I would suggest members start building an organised data base of information via FOI requests, using this information as well as successful Upper Tribunal outcomes, or other qualified information/expertise as a basis for developing templates or replies to people seeking help.

2. Active and visible participation.

3. Promotion via social media is fast and effective.

4. Developing positive relationships with other sites.

Well done to any on-line site that has been created to assist people in the harshest regime that has ever existed!

All the best!

Last edited by Non Deficere on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:47 am

@ Non Deficere, Great advice  Very Happy

@ Admin', do we have a twitter account? I think that many sites (also businesses and DWP) communicate on that platform.  Very Happy

Edit: I think we should start more discussions around UC and then start mining the existing FOIs and starting new ones to fill in any gaps in the info'. That way, we can start creating a UC 'library' of resources, and as ND says, generate the relevant templates.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 am

I have started the ball rolling by posting up 3 new UC topics based upon FOI already started. It would be great if other forum members could post up a few. Thanks, in anticipation. sunny
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:25 pm

admin dosnt use twitter or facebook

as mentioned before anyone is welcome to use them and post about this site

we have direct links to other sites on the forums that have provided good information to aid others

links are checked but respected sites are welcome to post there links direct

EG: refuted, mr Frankzola and jonny void

to note a few names
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:59 pm

I don’t’ know about most people on these site, but I see the most people to whom need help with the DWP are of the pre-internet generation to whom are not computer/IT literate. Any ideas on how to help these people? In addition to this I found on the “soft skills” course that the tutors teach these people to search for jobs, and applying for work. But there is very little teaching helping them to get the best out of researching on the internet for information.   scratch

Also if as Non Deficere/Caker suggested about a library of FOI requests, would it be possible to have a ‘search’ option. Otherwise to could be like searching for a needle in a haystack, to find the right information. cyclops

El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm

El-dudeareno wrote:I don’t’ know about most people on these site, but I see the most people to whom need help with the DWP are of the pre-internet generation to whom are not computer/IT literate. Any ideas on how to help these people? In addition to this I found on the “soft skills” course that the tutors teach these people to search for jobs, and applying for work. But there is very little teaching helping them to get the best out of researching on the internet for information.   scratch

Also if as Non Deficere/Caker suggested about a library of FOI requests, would it be possible to have a ‘search’ option. Otherwise to could be like searching for a needle in a haystack, to find the right information. cyclops

I agree completely!  

In some areas like my own, there is a great deal of support for people who are not Internet savvy or who are vulnerable.  

I live in a small deprived area, where there are at least 8 outreach centers run by volunteers who provide a wide range of help including:

*Voluntary job search support (no info is provided to JCP)
*IT assistance
*Benefit & debt advice
* Food and clothing etc.

There are also many support agencies people can be referred to.  

I used to work in one location until recently.

The most difficult thing is reaching the people who need the help the most.  Sad  I would say the majority of people posting here/elsewhere on similar sites are streetwise and possess the skills to protect themselves from sanctions/abuse or have learned how to do so quickly on-line.

There is no perfect solution, we can only do what we can!

I have not been able to navigate the search facility so far.

Last edited by Non Deficere on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:42 pm

El-dudeareno wrote:I don’t’ know about most people on these site, but I see the most people to whom need help with the DWP are of the pre-internet generation to whom are not computer/IT literate. Any ideas on how to help these people? In addition to this I found on the “soft skills” course that the tutors teach these people to search for jobs, and applying for work. But there is very little teaching helping them to get the best out of researching on the internet for information.   scratch

I am trying to keep the site well organised by archiving the news / lounge items into their relevant sections after a significant time lapse. Some stories do not fit into any category that we currently have, so those ones are getting left in the media / lounge section where they were originally posted, and are 'sinking to the bottom' as new stories are added.

Like an actual library, it is best to browse the relevant section for advice on any topic of interest. As more people post, it is hoped that the body of knowledge should become more comprehensive. Very Happy
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:58 pm

On a side point, how does the "search" option work on the forum? Does it only search the words of the title, or can it search all of the comments/postings for the keywords. As I was just wondering most of the FOI are in a pdf format so might not be able to search for them as well as it should?

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/search
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:44 am

the soft skills coarse is of poor quality they really teach nothing and its the same with council tax offices and other lines out there government based

no one is taught the safety aspects of the internet this includes the children taught at school as there systems is behind a government system

most computer/iT coarses are built around you will conform to what we tell you to do

most of time ive got the word out via estates when visiting friends on there they tend to know i know alot about the system and have been asked a few times about stuff advice has always been given

im also spreading info another way but its getting out more and more
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:28 pm

oneman wrote:First question is?

Where is TT?

I do genuinely think of him most days.

The lose was huge to us, but admin came and took it over.

IT'S not quite worked out, after though has it?
Even after all the Knowlage and files we put in.

This site needs keeping and Im not sure how to go about it???

What can we do???

(DO NOT MENTION CASH)  WE HATE IT BUT ADMIN NEEDS IT.
THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY!!!!!!!

I am not sure what we can do.  

As far as I can gather most sites close due to lack of interest/participation amongst other things, for example UM.

From personal experience, the majority of people prefer to resolve their concerns/problems privately rather than on-line.

General information/news sites are very useful and beneficial, but are difficult to maintain (ref. refuted et al).  The participants on rightsnet/benefits and work etc. are paid professionals and they struggle to keep up to date.  The respective sites are constantly posting new information, legislation and case law!

I have no desire to be negative, simply realistic with such a small number of people (circa 5-50 at best) contributing to this and other similar sites across the UK.  I also appreciate forums are more than a platform for providing help and advice, they are a special place for people in similar circumstances to exchange impartial help, information and most importantly support!

I am sure members will provide whatever assistance is required when they can.  

Very best wishes to everyone.

Last edited by Non Deficere on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : content)
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum