BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recording meetings in private rooms at JCP

+3
Admin
helping_hand
Jara
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Recording meetings in private rooms at JCP Empty Recording meetings in private rooms at JCP

Post by Jara Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:40 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/recording_meeting_with_jobcentre
If the claimant insists on recording their interview, a private interview
room
must be used. Where such a facility is not available on site and no
other solution is possible, arrangements to use an alternative Jobcentre Plus
office will need to be considered.

Let's assume a private room been arranged for a claimant that intends on recording their interview.

1. Will the claimant have an "easier" time with their work coach? (Surely the work coach don't want to their lies to be recorded, so they have to behave?)

2. Does the Jobcentre record the meeting as well? (covertly or not)

3. Can the recording now be used as evidence when appealing an decision? (instead of a transcript as everyone involved agreed to be recorded)

Jara

Back to top Go down

Recording meetings in private rooms at JCP Empty Re: Recording meetings in private rooms at JCP

Post by Admin Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:01 am

its page 2 on this page jara for recording at dwp

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t1p25-jobseeker-help-info

its second post down on the page

just beaware once jcp become aware of it they can and do refuse to interview people

weve always advised people to record covertly as you can use these recordings via transcripts however theres a second part too this as a recording can be used for what people have said to you and what you have said to them
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Recording meetings in private rooms at JCP Empty Re: Recording meetings in private rooms at JCP

Post by Jara Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:15 am

Quite a few of the links in that topic no longer works Sad

So JCP completely ignores their own policy about a private interview room must be arranged? What a waste of a policy!

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:02 am

Last edited by Caker on Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:07 am

Jara wrote:Quite a few of the links in that topic no longer works Sad

So JCP completely ignores their own policy about a private interview room must be arranged? What a waste of a policy!

You have every right to insist that they follow the correct procedures set out in their policy. Following correct procedure is not optional even if some DWP workers think rules do not apply to them. I have met plenty who think that denying knowledge of a particular procedure/law means that they don't have to observe it.  clown
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:59 pm

I have only known one person without a relevant disability across the JCP network being allowed to record a meeting with JCP staff in a private room!  So much for transparency!

The conversation was littered with untruths and inaccuracies!  Evil or Very Mad

My advice is to record covertly.  Taking notes is not a problem.

Last edited by helping_hand on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change of words)
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:15 pm

helping_hand wrote:My advice is to record covertly.  Taking notes is not a problem.

I agree. Always record covertly and I do mean always, not just when a problem arises. However, also note that covert recording comes under Unacceptable Customer Behaviour according to their policy so don't use a recording as evidence until you absolutely have to.

And, speaking from first hand experience, it seems to make no difference whatsoever even if you have them bang to rights on the recording, they just fob it off and pass it on to ICE (assuming you have the mind set and energy to go that route) knowing it'll be well over a year before ICE get around to processing your complaint. They are then quite happy to make a derisory payout if that's what ICE demand but continue the same behaviour safe in the knowledge that there's no real comeback on them. I've been waiting about a year and six months now for ICE to process my complaint! Sad Evil or Very Mad
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:50 pm

id have thought that would have been done after a years wait

certainly puts the failure within all government bodies to process the complaint within an exceptable time frame
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:58 am

......I waited 18 months for a complaint to be addressed by ICE.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:57 am

Some months ago I was almost caught recording in the Jobcentre. A G4S goon asked me what I was doing on my phone and then told me phones should be turned off at the Jobcentre. I think he saw at least a glimpse of the recording app I had running on my phone. I wonder what would have happened if I was caught on that day.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:47 pm

Jara wrote:...Some months ago I was almost caught recording in the Jobcentre. A G4S goon asked me what I was doing on my phone and then told me phones should be turned off at the Jobcentre. I think he saw at least a glimpse of the recording app I had running on my phone. I wonder what would have happened if I was caught on that day.

I suspect the G4S goon was trying to intimidate you. I have openly admitted to recording (after the event). I was told that it is illegal to record in a government building and I was threatened the police would be called. No  action was taken. I had done nothing illegal and the police would regard such a report as 'wasting police time'.

Always covertly record.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Yes, they don't want us to "break" the law.. but they are fine breaking laws and policies themselves. It seems like they have not even the slightest idea on what is legal or illegal these days.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:23 pm

had the convo with dwp jcp office myself the manager didnt like it and neither did the security guard and more so when i quoted the regs at them

both manager and security guard didnt like being recorded but they was anyway even when i said i wasnt recording infact i was doing just by another device

mobile phones dont need to be turned off but its advisable saves them trying to ring you whilst in the jcp offices just to check your number is correct or not

on another note of the recording i clearly informed my jcp office and the manager did refuse any recordings being taken within her office and never supplied another appointment or so it could be done at another office the same would be said for using a private room of coarse ive used one before for a cv

but to give you a good idea heres what i got for recording at jcp

https://skwawkbox.org/2013/09/05/referred-to-a-psychologist-for-wanting-to-record-jobcentre-interviews/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:09 pm

People only record DWP interventions because they feel vulnerable and/or at risk of poor treatment/sanctions!

DWP/JCP's trump card is, you breached its health and safety protocols etc. which allows DWP to instigate its 'Unacceptable Behaviour' policy.

Keep every contact with DWP professional and polite.   Record covertly and save for any potential complaints investigation.

Always remember, that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar!
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:00 am

Good advice HH.
The only reason I 'admitted' recording, in that situation, was that security/other staff had started to act in an intimidating manner BEFORE I said I was recording.

I would always advise covert recording and never admitting that is what you have done.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:19 pm

If a work coach actually broke a law (related to benefits), wouldn't a recording then be admissible in court or a tribunal?

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Jara wrote:If a work coach actually broke a law (related to benefits), wouldn't a recording then be admissible in court or a tribunal?

Based my own experience, a Tribunal and the Independent Case Examiner will accept a transcript/a copy of a recorded conversation with a DWP official.
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:33 pm

yes but only as a transcribe

both the transcribe and recording can be given to the court however the only thing that will be used is the transcribe notes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:44 pm

I provided the ICE with a CD containing an audio recording of the meeting with my work coach. They accepted it without comment. I made no effort to provide a transcript and nor was I asked for one.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:12 am

Can anyone recommend a digital recording device for under a tenner? There are loads on Ebay but there are no reviews and I don't want to end up wasting money on a dud. I don't have a smart phone (won't have one).
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:21 pm

i had an olympus recorder but from what i am aware of the 10.00 ones on ebay was a good call for usage when recording handy to have an external mic
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:28 am

Admin wrote:i had an olympus recorder but from what i am aware of the 10.00 ones on ebay was a good call for usage when recording handy to have an external mic

Ok, thanks. I'll try to save up a bit more money and buy a higher quality one.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:39 pm

I have a question for those who provided audio files (or transcripts) as evidence.

How did DWP react to you having recorded audio as evidence? Did they make notes on your claim about it for your work coach or started using private rooms for your appointments?

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:33 am

there is some info from the original jobseeker help files

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t1p25-jobseeker-help-info

just a little bit down the page

in my case i was asked if i was recording within the jobcenter i was doing they refused to interview me therefore i was unable to sign on at all

you should also remember this one

https://skwawkbox.org/2013/09/05/referred-to-a-psychologist-for-wanting-to-record-jobcentre-interviews/comment-page-1/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next