BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job search and Health

2 posters

Go down

Job search and Health Empty Job search and Health

Post by Pintel Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:35 pm

I got a booklet from the NHS Foundation trust, about people not getting enough exercise due to being at home during the covid19 virus.

This got me thinking about peoples health and doing 35 x hrs a week of job seeking. As most of job search today would be performed on a computer. That is alot of sitting down and not being active. Even if you where to have a stand up desk, that amount of movement is still very limited. As you can't really move around while job seeking. Even using a smartphone and not concentrating is a hazard waiting to happen.🤪

And yet we repeatedly hear how being physically inactive is bad for peoples health and a drain on the healthcare, "Sitting is the new smoking". Yet the mantra of 35 x hrs of job search is repeated. You would think that the DWP and NHS would be at loggerheads over this matter. Maybe they could lower the job seeking hrs down to what the DWP consider full employment (16 hrs a week) . And yet it is 35 hrs a week of sitting around job seeking. So less time to get up and lead a healthy lifestyle.

While lets not get started on a healthy lifestyle you get from a 'Food Bank' banquet, which is only adding to the nation's poor health.😵 Still at least the head of the DWP (Ms Therese Coffey) is setting a fine example for us all🙃.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%C3%A9r%C3%A8se_Coffey

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Job search and Health Empty Re: Job search and Health

Post by Caker Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:28 am

I agree totally. It is very important to break up your sessions with whatever exercise you can do. Going for a walk is great exercise. There are also various exercise routines that you can do at home. Here are some.

As for Ms Coffey, another nose in the trough pig
Caker
Caker

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:13 am

Pintel wrote:I got a booklet from NHS Foundation trust, about people not getting enough exercise due to being at home during the covid19 virus.

I have received one from 'Home wellbeing and fitness'.

The exercises are aimed at the elderly or people with particular problems, but do benefit others.

NHS supporting people who are housebound due to the harsher lockdowns in certain areas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:07 pm

Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:14 am

Covid brain!

I didn't spot the link words! lol!

Last edited by Oncilla2 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down