BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview

+6
Pintel
jobberpw
Absolut
Admin
Tarquin Flotsam
mark9999
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview Empty Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview

Post by mark9999 Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Had a meeting with my work coach today, and he said because i have being on uc for 26 weeks that i no longer will have to go the jobcentre. Now he said i would be contacted about telephone interviews or something? anyone esle had this happen to them?

mark9999

Back to top Go down

Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview Empty Re: Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:45 pm

I've been on UC now for about 10 months and still have to go into the jobcentre but only once a month. I think mainly the reason being because I live so far from the nearest jobcentre, 16 miles. This didn't bother me much until the other month they stopped me from claiming back my bus fare which is almost £6 return ticket. I have had a couple of telephone appointments in that time, but I'm still required to go there for my next appointment.

If this is some policy that's been introduced I'd like to know more, so I could bring this up at my next appointment. It's already a struggle getting by, thanks to the "loan" I took when first claiming UC, which comes to £30 in deductions a month, and losing an extra £6 each visit makes it even more of a struggle...
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview Empty Re: Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview

Post by Admin Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:47 am

Is it a compliance interview ?

Or distance interview?

As goes for the previous there is a job interview over the phone for those that send in their jobsearch via email to the jobcentre instead of visiting the jobcentre in person.

You can refuse this if you don't want to send them in, your choice really.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 am

If you have a health condition they can turn off the requirement for face to face meetings.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by mark9999 Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:51 pm

thanks for replys guys i am a normal jobseeker no health problems etc, never had problems with my advisor at jobcentre we get on well. she just said at my jobcentre that after 26 weeks this happens to everyone.

got this messege on my uc account today this is part of the messege (These appointments will not be in the jobcentre. You will need to be logged on to a computer, smartphone or tablet and have access to the internet for approximately 30 minutes for each session. Please log onto the computer a few minutes before the start time of your session).

basiclly saying that my jobseach meeting will be done now online, is their anyway to appeal this? i was given no option or anything thing i would like to go to jobcentre to sign on

P.S SORRY SPELLING LAYOUT WAS ON MY FRIENDS TABLET LOL

mark9999

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:02 pm

mark9999 wrote:Had a meeting with my work coach today, and he said because i have being on uc for 26 weeks that i no longer will have to go the jobcentre. Now he said i would be contacted about telephone interviews or something? anyone esle had this happen to them?

Yes, I have a friend who that happened to last year, but had been on UC for over 12 months with an ongoing mental health condition. For roach shop to adopt such a light-hearted approach, is very very unusual, and I'd be highly suspicious if this were me Twisted Evil  Evil or Very Mad  Mad . I hope you recorded their conversation or got some confirmation through the UC journal?

Mark9999, what part of the country are you based if you don't mind disclosing as hoping this is coming to my town soon! Smile

Tarquin Flotsam wrote:If this is some policy that's been introduced I'd like to know more, so I could bring this up at my next appointment.

Yes me too Tarquin as if there has been a change in policy to this avail we all should be made aware of it. I see a few FOI requests will be going in soon.

Is all I know is, the current rule states if someone is away from home longer than 4 hrs in total, they can request phone appointments and all bus fares costa outside usual UC fortnightly apps can be refunded? There is an FOI on all this on WhatDoTheyKnow.

Marky9999 wrote:I would like to go to the jobcentre to sign on.

Sorry but I can only apologise in advance to that comment, but Mark9999 are you new to the jobcentre; as most prefer going to the Dentist after dealing with these bureaucratic morons.

Last edited by Caker on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:47 am

from memory the only ones that got jobsearch done at home was the people who lived too far away from the jobcenter
or
the ones that had caused dwp some real hassle and got a high grade danger stroke on them so was refused to sign on at a jobcentre

from memory they had jobsearch via a phonecall where a claimant had to send in there jobsearch by email to the work roach every 2 weeks
the interview was conducted over the phone and payment was sent when the advisor was happy with it all
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:01 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:46 am

Interesting link there, Admin, thanks. Seeing it applies to those on JSA, I wonder if it's the same for anyone on UC regarding this:

Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview Cc11

It certainly takes me more than 1 hour door to door. It's 5 minutes walk to the bus stop from where I live, the bus journey is roughly 55 minutes to 1 hour, and 5 minute walk to the jobcentre once I get off the bus...
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:22 pm

mark9999 wrote:
 You will need to be logged on to a computer, smartphone or tablet and have access to the internet for approximately 30 minutes for each session.  Please log onto the computer a few minutes before the start time of your session).

basiclly saying that my jobseach meeting will be done now online, is their anyway to appeal this? i was given no option or anything thing i would like to go to jobcentre to sign on

One point @mark9999 have you enquired from the Roach about if you have any IT problems, so not able to log on to a computer, or not able to contact them in time via the internet, this to save a 'sanction'. It might be worth having there direct phone number on standby just in case? To save any issues with the computer/internet?

And what happens to you job search records after they are emailed, are they kept and the roach harass the company's you have applied for? Not sure how that would be inline with the GDPR, but that wouldnt stop them....  Suspect
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:45 am

Tarquin Flotsam wrote:Interesting link there, Admin, thanks. Seeing it applies to those on JSA, I wonder if it's the same for anyone on UC regarding this:

Dwp advisor states I do online jobsearch interview Cc11

It certainly takes me more than 1 hour door to door. It's 5 minutes walk to the bus stop from where I live, the bus journey is roughly 55 minutes to 1 hour, and 5 minute walk to the jobcentre once I get off the bus...

its the only link i can find on the subject dont forget its been upgraded to 1 1/2 hrs traveling time or 2 hrs now

i know what it is ive tried wording it right

i remember it being discussed on tts site there was some links included at the time sorry to say i never managed to save them or the info

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:57 am

found it postal service the one below is a recent request

bryan posted it up

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/confirmation_of_recently_publish

The DWP were asked to confirm if "Postal Signing" was an option if the following criteria was met:

(a) they live more than one hour, door to door, in either direction, from the nearest Jobcentre
by using public transport; or
(b) attendance would result in an absence from home in excess of four hours; or
(c) they have a mental or physical disability, which restricts their mobility.

this one is the main one thats been trialed but i think still exists and is roughly what has been stated by the op above

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/fortnightly_jobsearch_reviews_fj#incoming-507720

Fortnightly Jobsearch Reviews, (FJR) using digital channels
(A) Digital "Drop & Go", (B) Online Signing and (C) Remote signing." with procedures and guides for staff and explanatory information for or given to claimants so they can understand and follow instructions for A, B and C
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:20 am

mark9999 wrote:got this messege on my uc account today this is part of the messege (These appointments will not be in the jobcentre.  You will need to be logged on to a computer, smartphone or tablet and have access to the internet for approximately 30 minutes for each session.  Please log onto the computer a few minutes before the start time of your session).

now im curious id like to test this out and see where it goes mark9999 but it needs to be recorded better if video was available

I suspect the interview will be over the phone and also over the internet part of reason why they want you near a computer and for it to be on before the start of each session

im more curious on where they intend to send you and what site they intend to use
im also curious on what consent you will be allowing or ticking boxes for them to have access to your account
on another note they could be wanting you to send them via email your jobsearch interesting but what about those jobs that are offline scribled onto a note
on another note they could be stating jobs via your phone and getting you to type n the web address

on these things i could have fun with but all depends on what you have agreed to so far

web address you could say your net is down
distort the phone call with a bad line crinkle paper is handy
tick boxes id say ive ticked them when i havent
shows us the web addresses they are using/intending to use

its all up to you on how far you go with it
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:32 am

DWP administration decisions must apply equally to all, for example, travel expenses and postal arrangements.

An FOI request may resolve this matter.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by mark9999 Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:26 pm

Thanks for reply’s everyone I really apprentice the help, I will give a quick timeline of what’s going on.
On the 8th of October at my normal job search review my advisor basically said that this was my last face to face meeting and from now on it will be done online from now on reason he give me is because I have being signing on for 26 weeks (new policy he said) I would be contacted by my new work coach in my journal the meeting was bit rushed and I did not know what to say or do. For the record I have no health problems, had no problem with my local jobcentre or work coaches (i.e. bad behaviour abuse etc.) I live about 20mins walk from my local jobcentre. I have always verbally given my job search from a notepad to my work coach and never had a problem given it that way.

On the 9th of October I got this on my uc journal
Hi Mark
My name is Emma and I have been allocated as your new Work Coach. If you need any help regarding support to move to into work, training or advice about your work search please contact me via your journal. If you are currently providing fit notes we will still be supporting you and asking you to take part in online appointments. These appointments will not be in the jobcentre.  You will need to be logged on to a computer, smartphone or tablet and have access to the internet for approximately 30 minutes for each session.  Please log onto the computer a few minutes before the start time of your session. Please address messages as “Message to Work Coach” so that I can see your response. You will receive notification of the date and time of your sessions in your journal.
If you require advice on Universal Credit payments, please ensure you choose the “Payments” option or ring the Service Centre on Freephone 0800 328 5644.
 Regards Emma

I have not being given time of this appointment yet but only thing emma has put in my to do list is  Hi Mark Please upload a copy of your current c.v. to be done by 10 of november Thanks Emma
Weird because I did this before frist meeting when I fristed signed on.I don’t have direct line number for Emma or surname or which jobcentre she at.

It really upsetting me this I just want face to face meetings like before reading out my jobseach, to be turthfull my work coach was ok he did give me some good leads feedback etc.

I don’t know what to do now or who to speak to about it, I would really apprentice some advice on what to do next?

Sorry about long post

Thanks  everyone Mark

mark9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:45 am

mark9999 wrote:On the 8th of October at my normal job search review my advisor basically said that this was my last face to face meeting and from now on it will be done online from now on reason he give me is because I have being signing on for 26 weeks (new policy he said)

You need to message "Emma" and ask her to forward you a copy of the "new policy" regarding an online WFI appointment at the 26 week point. What protocols are in place governing what is, in effect, a "live chat" online using text (which can be misconstrued as there is no voice inflection) for a time period of their choosing. Why is it 30 minutes? What happens if your internet connection goes down before the start time or during the WFI itself? Are you required to attend to "Emma" until she dismisses you? What if you don't because you had, for example, a toilet emergency?

You also need to be given a copy of the sanction rules regarding an online 30 minute "live" WFI session and what the consequences are for not participating.

At the same time you need to request a face to face interview until you are fully informed of all the rules governing an online WFI session that lasts for 30 minutes (I suspect they don't exist). If a face to face interview (instead of an online one) is refused, you will need to ask for their reasons. If you are fobbed off escalate it to your local Job Centre Manager.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:11 pm

mark9999 wrote:
On the 8th of October at my normal job search review my advisor basically said that this was my last face to face meeting and from now on it will be done online from now on reason he give me is because I have being signing on for 26 weeks (new policy he said) I would be contacted by my new work coach in my journal

On the 9th of October I got this on my uc journal

My name is Emma and I have been allocated as your new Work Coach. If you need any help regarding support to move to into work, training or advice about your work search please contact me via your journal. If you are currently providing fit notes we will still be supporting you and asking you to take part in online appointments. These appointments will not be in the jobcentre.  You will need to be logged on to a computer, smartphone or tablet and have access to the internet for approximately 30 minutes for each session.  Please log onto the computer a few minutes before the start time of your session. Please address messages as “Message to Work Coach” so that I can see your response. You will receive notification of the date and time of your sessions in your journal.
If you require advice on Universal Credit payments, please ensure you choose the “Payments” option or ring the Service Centre on Freephone 0800 328 5644.
 Regards Emma

I think what we are seeing here is a trial for jobseekers to do online only jobsearch instead of appearing at your local jobcentre

you will need the info as directed

this is what dwp is after online only jobsearch via your journal

upload a cv can be a redacted version not the full version though
your jobsearch also becomes trackable as well with sending it online
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:13 pm

mark would you be fine if i changed the heading to dwp advisor demanding i do online only jobsearch ?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark9999 Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:51 pm

Admin wrote:mark would you be fine if i changed the heading to dwp advisor demanding i do online only jobsearch ?

No problem gald for any advise

mark9999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:15 pm

mark9999 wrote:
Admin wrote:mark would you be fine if i changed the heading to dwp advisor demanding i do online only jobsearch ?

No problem gald for any advise

thankyou post has been changed to reflect what has been stated on your posts
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:42 am

Admin wrote:I think what we are seeing here is a trial for jobseekers to do online only jobsearch instead of appearing at your local jobcentre

I have the feeling that they think they're being "nice" by waiving personal attendance, but I have thoroughly searched the DWP's online document database and I can't find anything about compulsory online live WFI sessions. If this is a trial then they've opened up a can of worms.

If a claimant has not received official notification of their requirement to take part in a 30 minute online live WFI under penalty of a sanction and loss of benefits then it's voluntary. Unless the online WFI is covered in the UC sanctions regime for non-participation then it's voluntary.

The message from Emma says, "and asking you to take part" - asking you to take part in something means you have the right to refuse and ask for an alternative arrangement. The DWP will have to make a face to face appointment or show which rules they are using that forces you to participate an online live WFI interaction with a roach you've never met.

With a text message you can take your time to reply to it before hitting 'send'. With a "live" online session where the roach is expecting a reply straight away you could end up writing something you later regret. I can see why some people might find that intensely stressful. It is a very bad idea especially if you're not the sort of person who can think on their feet during that sort of communication. Not everyone is a good writer and not everyone can instantly respond to a message with the sort of response that isn't going to get them sanctioned.   

I question whether it is good practice for the DWP to assign a claimant a brand new work coach, one the claimant has never met face to face (and doesn't know them from Adam) and then expect the claimant to interact with them in text in a live situation. I personally would not be averse to interacting with my work coach in a 'live' chat situation but that's only because I've met her many times, we have a positive relationship and I'm a good writer. If I did not have a positive relationship with my work coach I would refuse to interact online them with in a 'live' situation where I'm expected to sit there and be totally under their control. I'd definitely take it to a decision maker if threatened with a sanction or escalate it to an area manager.

I know a lot of people would prefer not to have to go in to the JCP for a face to face WFI but that doesn't apply to everyone. The DWP knows this. I think the staff in mark9999's job centre think they are making it easier, both for themselves and the claimant, with claimants who they view as being ASE anyway, but they are playing fast and loose. If they are not careful it will come back to bite them in the arse, particularly under the Equality Act.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:54 pm

I can’t help wondering if Emma (the roach could be an AI program?) As @Mark9999, they have never met in person. Also I was wondering if you could ask the DWP under a FOI request if there are any projects/initiatives upon these online interviews, and the use of any technology with these appointments.  Suspect

Electronic
Monitoring
Management
Automation

confused

Such as the posting:

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4175-benefits-system-automation-could-plunge-claimants-deeper-into-poverty

"DWP spending millions on ‘intelligent automation garage’ to develop welfare robots to replace humans."

Last edited by Pintel on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra)
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:21 pm

One thing that has been on my mind upon this matter is ‘evidence’ of what has been said between the claimant and the work-roach online. As I have had issues in the past by what the roach has entered in their pc and what was said by me. Which if ended up going to a Decision-maker, what proof did I have?

Therefore I was wondering what steps one could take, to keep a record of what has been discussed online. Do you need to take constant screenshots on your camera/phone, or do you get a printout of what has been said between you and the roach?

Failing that is there any software/programs that will record this communication and save it in a slideshow on you hard-drive etc. As no doubt the dwp will have some record of this meeting? silent
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:14 pm

I would be inclined to take a screen grab every time some statement was made.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:37 pm

with a pc you can use a snipping tool to either take a snippet or a screenshot

found on windows 7 machines but you can install the program for free on others
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next