BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by MrFrankZola on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:05 pm

jobberpw wrote:
MightyQunit wrote:

I did have trouble with the work roach though, they are trying to get me to use the UC journal to record work search, my previous work roach just let me bring a word document in on my phone to show them.

From what I've read they can not force you to use the journal, I have not signed the claimant commitment because of this so I could go do research/get advice, I am seriously considering putting in a complaint about the work roach misleading me and threatening to close my claim if I don't sign the claimant commitment, I have 7 days to comply she said.

They were also adding frequency to the tasks in the CC, check facebook x3 times a week, check indeed 5x a week etc, this is all designed and set up to enable them to sanction you if you put down in the work search you only looked on facebook x2 instead of x3. I'm pretty sure they can't add frequency like this, this work roach was a total bitch I tell you.

I am also being misled by my current roach and she isn't aware of it but I am monitoring her just as much as she is me. And you are correct MightyQunit, the journal is not a mandatory requirement to be used for work search that can be shown in any way the claimant likes as long is readable. I'd also question the frequency as haven't heard or seen anything that. By the way, there is another FOI out there saying its 'not mandatory for any claimants to use ANY social media websites to look for work.'Its just more bullshit ideology being used to bully claimants.



DWP Central Freedom of Information Team

Dear X,

Thank you for your Freedom of Information request of 30 October 2017. You asked:
Is it mandatory for claimants to have to use the universal credit journal to record their
job search or can they provide evidence in paper format, i.e. emails of job applications
or replies from employers?

Do I also have to upload a copy of my CV onto the journal? Would a paper copy be
sufficient to show my work coach?

It is not a mandatory requirement for the claimant to provide the required work search
evidence via their journal. The claimant must be able to provide written evidence of
their work search.

It is not mandatory for the claimant to upload their CV onto the journal, the claimant
must however be able to show a completed and up to date CV.

If you have any queries about this letter please contact me quoting the reference
number above.

Yours sincerely,
DWP Strategy FoI Team



Might be better to post these queries under another topic, as this one comes under 'Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme'

MrFrankZola

Posts : 162
Points : 234
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2017-05-28

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by jobberpw on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:41 am

I have another question hopefully ok to be answered here as not too familiar with website layout yet.

Anyway, I been out of work 3 years and have just been told I must go on the WHP as I thought it was for people up to 2 years for a referral to the Work Health Programme. Am I missing something here, or again being given the runaround by joke centre?
jobberpw
jobberpw

Posts : 243
Points : 271
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2017-04-30
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Gallazz on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:39 pm

You can be mandated to WHP if you've been unemployed for 2 years plus, but your referral may well turn out to be voluntary - so say 'no'. Several people on this forum and WC have had voluntary referrals despite meeting the criteria for mandatory referral, and despite being told or left to assume that their referral was mandatory.

NB If you've had a referral and your initial appointment is coming up, it's not too late to say NO!


Last edited by Gallazz on Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Gallazz

Posts : 132
Points : 183
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2018-12-09

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by jobberpw on Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:55 am

Many thanks, Gallazz.Hoping it won't be too bad this time as I have accumulated a few medical problems. So will be in and out of their stupid classrooms like a yoyo so they will have to suck this up whether they like it or not.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Posts : 243
Points : 271
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2017-04-30
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Gallazz on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:31 pm

No probs. Obviously ask them for a referral letter and that should tell you whether it's mandatory or voluntary. If it's voluntary, just say you're not doing it. It won't go down well but there's nothing they can do. There might be a risk that they could then mandate you but a place would have to be available on a mandatory basis and it appears that not many are.

Basically, if you're unemployed 2+ years, accept a voluntary referral and 'disengage' (stop going), the Jobcentre will mandate you for the remainder of the time unless you can show good reason for not continuing (for example health grounds). Then you might not be mandated back. In one of my posts there's a link on this.

Not sure if my meaning is clear, but I think Jobcentres are tricking the long-term unemployed with 'voluntary' referrals to the WHP (by not telling them that their referral is voluntary or what that actually means, as above) because claimants who can't be mandated (ESA and LCW i believe) won't touch it with a barge pole, so this is the only way they can fill the places.

I don't know how far along they are with your referral but basically you haven't started on the programme until you've attended the first appointment and signed the paperwork. If you have the initial appointment letter and it doesn't say your benefits will be affected if you don't attend, you can miss the appointment.




Gallazz

Posts : 132
Points : 183
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2018-12-09

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by jobberpw on Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:19 pm

Cheers Gallazz,

Got referral letter this morning and does say voluntary but reading between the lines there is no escaping this as they will mandate from jc+ at a later stage. Can't find anyone who's refused and never gone back to the WHP as yet. The provider is phoning me on Monday, to go over and see them in 2 weeks time. Oh, what joy awaits.

If I attend won't be signing Evil or Very Mad  any of their crap as played this game on WP MK1. Evil or Very Mad

I think it as you say Gallazz, if I don't attend or participate at all will have to sooner at another date. Maybe I should just get on with it? but hate the thought of this merry-go-round.

Thanks for the heads up. Appreciated.





jobberpw
jobberpw

Posts : 243
Points : 271
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2017-04-30
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Archangel on Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:56 am

Non Deficere wrote:You usually have to break your claim for 29 days to break the 24 month linking period.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/460725/response/1142387/attach/3/24%20months%20unemployment%20check.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Just saw this thread now.

If you choose to take a 28-day claim break, what reason can you give the jobcentre for doing so? Wouldn’t they ask you why you want to sign off? And when you made a new claim after the 28 days, wouldn’t they want to know how you had supported yourself for that period? Would you have to lie, and tell them you had a job during that period? And if so, would they ask for proof of that, and details of how much you were paid for that job?

Archangel

Posts : 54
Points : 76
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2019-11-15

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Welfare-Champion on Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:36 pm

Archangel wrote:
Non Deficere wrote:You usually have to break your claim for 29 days to break the 24 month linking period.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/460725/response/1142387/attach/3/24%20months%20unemployment%20check.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Just saw this thread now.

If you choose to take a 28-day claim break, what reason can you give the jobcentre for doing so? Wouldn’t they ask you why you want to sign off? And when you made a new claim after the 28 days, wouldn’t they want to know how you had supported yourself for that period? Would you have to lie, and tell them you had a job during that period? And if so, would they ask for proof of that, and details of how much you were paid for that job?

You don't have to give a reason for closing your claim.

You would need resources to tide you over during the break.

I suggest that you think about it if/when it is necessary!

Edit:
Don't forget you can't go back to JSA, you would have to claim UC after breaking your claim.

Welfare-Champion

Posts : 412
Points : 952
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2019-02-01

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Archangel on Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:58 pm

I wonder why you don't have to give a reason. I would have thought that they would want to know so they can put it in your file.

Yes, I'd have to go on UC after any brerak, which is worse than JSA. With JSA you are not pestered as much by them. But I have little choice seeing as I will be eligible for WHP in April.

Archangel

Posts : 54
Points : 76
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2019-11-15

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Welfare-Champion on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:07 pm

Archangel wrote:I wonder why you don't have to give a reason. I would have thought that they would want to know so they can put it in your file.

Yes, I'd have to go on UC after any brerak, which is worse than JSA. With JSA you are not pestered as much by them. But I have little choice seeing as I will be eligible for WHP in April.


The signing on booklet ES/UB40/other allows you to give 'other reasons'! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

There is no requirement in law (JSA/UC) that you must give reasons why you are closing your claim!

*Remember*  You are not automatically selected to attend the W&HP.

Volunteering might help you avoid the W&HP! Very Happy


Last edited by Welfare-Champion on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total

Welfare-Champion

Posts : 412
Points : 952
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2019-02-01

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Gallazz on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:07 pm

Archangel wrote: I have little choice seeing as I will be eligible for WHP in April.

Whatever they've said, it's far from certain that you'll be mandated to the WHP when you reach the two-year threshold. I say this because:

The WHP is only expected to support 25% of jobseekers.

Not many on this forum, most of whom are long-term unemployed, have been referred to the WHP, let alone mandated. Several have been referred on a voluntary basis despite meeting the criteria for mandatory referral, which suggests that mandatory places are in short supply. If you are referred, you might well find that the referral is voluntary, in which case you know what to do!

MightyQunit, who may have started this thread, was told he would be mandated to the WHP but closed his claim before that was confirmed. In several cases I know of, the Jobcentre told the claimant or implied that the referral was mandatory when it turned out to be voluntary. So believe it when it happens.

If you were mandated, I believe that refusing to sign the provider consent forms would mitigate your experience on the WHP. Some people found this on the old Work Programme.

Gallazz

Posts : 132
Points : 183
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2018-12-09

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Caker on Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:59 pm

Archangel wrote:I wonder why you don't have to give a reason. I would have thought that they would want to know so they can put it in your file.

Yes, I'd have to go on UC after any brerak, which is worse than JSA. With JSA you are not pestered as much by them. But I have little choice seeing as I will be eligible for WHP in April.


I am sure they would 'want' to know the reason, but want does not always get. Many a time I have closed a claim with no reason given, or even a false reason on occasions. There is nothing they can do about it Twisted Evil
Caker
Caker

Posts : 1656
Points : 2202
Reputation : 269
Join date : 2017-04-14

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Archangel on Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:37 pm

Gallazz wrote:

Whatever they've said, it's far from certain that you'll be mandated to the WHP when you reach the two-year threshold. I say this because:

The WHP is only expected to support 25% of jobseekers.

Not many on this forum, most of whom are long-term unemployed, have been referred to the WHP, let alone mandated. Several have been referred on a voluntary basis despite meeting the criteria for mandatory referral, which suggests that mandatory places are in short supply. If you are referred, you might well find that the referral is voluntary, in which case you know what to do!

MightyQunit, who may have started this thread, was told he would be mandated to the WHP but closed his claim before that was confirmed. In several cases I know of, the Jobcentre told the claimant or implied that the referral was mandatory when it turned out to be voluntary. So believe it when it happens.

If you were mandated, I believe that refusing to sign the provider consent forms would mitigate your experience on the WHP. Some people found this on the old Work Programme.

I hope that you are right.

The thing is, that even if I am not mandated to go on it, they will still pester me to. And keep doing so in the hope that I’ll buckle under. And I don’t relish having to have to put into practice all the “WHP avoidance” advice given in this forum and other such forums on how to verbally or by letter fight for my rights so that JCP roaches will leave me alone. I simply haven’t got the energy or assertiveness for that. Good luck to those who have.

Archangel

Posts : 54
Points : 76
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2019-11-15

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Archangel on Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:39 pm

Welfare-Champion wrote:

Volunteering might help you avoid the W&HP! Very Happy

Do you know this for sure? And if so, how many hours of volunteering would need to be done?

Archangel

Posts : 54
Points : 76
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2019-11-15

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Welfare-Champion on Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:59 pm

Nothing is guaranteed with DWP!

See page 13

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/433524/response/1070248/attach/3/6.WC%20actions%20DCAMS.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

It would be ideal if you could find a voluntary opportunity which offers training and job search support.

Do you already have good examples of your job applications and CVs?

You don't have any basic skills needs?

Welfare-Champion

Posts : 412
Points : 952
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2019-02-01

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Archangel on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Thanks.

I can't find any voluntary jobs that offer training and job search support other than those the JCP have on offer.

Most voluntary jobs I've done in the past have been for only a few hours a week, and very informal as to what my hours should be.

None were with big organisations, but with local charities doing various things for them in the office.

I don't have any basic skills need. But I'm 54, so that is a handicap, and the JCP know it, but pretend that it is not.


Archangel

Posts : 54
Points : 76
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2019-11-15

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Welfare-Champion on Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:08 am

Archangel wrote:Thanks.

I can't find any voluntary jobs that offer training and job search support other than those the JCP have on offer.

Most voluntary jobs I've done in the past have been for only a few hours a week, and very informal as to what my hours should be.

None were with big organisations, but with local charities doing various things for them in the office.

I don't have any basic skills need. But I'm 54, so that is a handicap, and the JCP know it, but pretend that it is not.

These links may be helpful:

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/work-experience-and-internships/volunteering

https://knowhow.ncvo.org.uk/your-team/volunteers/training/howmuch#

https://feedinggtrmcr.org.uk/volunteer-warehouse-assistants-fareshare

https://do-it.org/

You can search volunteer opportunities on indeed, the job description should highlight training

Edited Example only !

Stockroom assistant.

We provide full training and no experience is necessary.
We will pay reasonable travel expenses
We offer a volunteer discount in our shops
Flexible volunteer roles
We provide work experience and support

All my volunteer roles have included training and relevant qualifications.

Welfare-Champion

Posts : 412
Points : 952
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2019-02-01

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Archangel on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:18 pm

Thanks. I'll look at those links.

Archangel

Posts : 54
Points : 76
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2019-11-15

Back to top Go down

Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme - Page 2 Empty Re: Linking periods for the Work & Health Programme

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum