BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being Mandated onto WHP

+7
Pintel
Committed Claimant
Non Deficere
Absolut
Gallazz
Caker
MightyQunit
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Being Mandated onto WHP - Page 4 Empty Re: Being Mandated onto WHP

Post by jobberpw Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:02 am

Cheers Absolut, and fully noted especially their idea of 'persuasion, ' to do voluntary work, as they have tried that with me a few times. And so far, just been lucky enough to avoid that particular game.

My biggest fear is being mandated onto that other great 'opportunity' of the WHP. Currently waiting on a decision letter from WCA I did one month ago, well, one month this Monday.

Taking on board what you say about the Eq act then they were probably trying their very best to screw me when they tricked me into voluntarily going on the WHP. I am guessing the providers would also be able to bypass that piece of law? If so seems totally crazy and they will use that to have a field day with people while on such programmes? 😠

Jobber
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:39 am

jobberpw wrote:My biggest fear is being mandated onto that other great 'opportunity' of the WHP. Currently waiting on a decision letter from WCA I did one month ago, well, one month this Monday.

We have the WHP threat on the horizon too (joint JSA claim). The provider is 10 miles away and that distance breaches my CC so I will see how they play it. Hubby is highly likely to be mandated which will cause us financial difficulties unless they give us the travel cost up front. As they are not able to cause us financial hardship in order to access the scheme, again I will have to see how they play it.

I have no fear of the WHP. We were on the Work Programme for 2 years and I had quite a bit of fun playing with them all. In the end we both were "parked".

Taking on board what you say about the Eq act then they were probably trying their very best to screw me when they tricked me into voluntarily going on the WHP. I am guessing the providers would also be able to bypass that piece of law? If so seems totally crazy and they will use that to have a field day with people while on such programmes? 😠

Service providers are unable to bypass the EA. The WHP is classed as a "service" and claimants are classed as "service users" whether they are voluntary or mandated. It's when you volunteer off your own bat to work for an organisation where you will find the EA does not apply to you. It only applies to customers and service users. If the WHP finds you a work experience placement they are under a duty to ensure that the EA is complied with at that work place (it would be the WHP at fault if you suffered discrimination while in that placement).
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:05 am

"As they are not able to cause us financial hardship in order to access the scheme, again I will have to see how they play it."

Hi Absolut, yes a good point and one they will have to take into account. I also mentioned that to joke shop on when they had me going over there like some moron twice a week at one stage and I put a stop to it but was really slow back then. What these planks don't get Absolut, is that they expect the job seeker to fork out the expense first, its that which effectively puts us all at a disadvantage and something they cant relate to.

I laughed at what you said about WP. I was also on that, and eventually got parked. I just hate the thought of having to go through that whole process again. But this time, will be even harder for them with my never-ending fit notes in towe, and WCA which will certainly turn into an MR and no doubt tribunal stage. Could do without all this stress Absolot I guess like many, but just want to remove as much control away from these clowns as possible. Smile

I have fully noted what you mention below Absolut and many thanks.

Service providers are unable to bypass the EA. The WHP is classed as a "service" and claimants are classed as "service users" whether they are voluntary or mandated. It's when you volunteer off your own bat to work for an organisation where you will find the EA does not apply to you.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:24 am

jobberpw wrote:but just want to remove as much control away from these clowns as possible. Smile

Yep, me too. The way to do it is to research like mad before agreeing to do one damn thing. For example, a roach once tried to get me to agree to attending a course 10 miles away, so I found the email of the organisation and questioned them directly about the course and what access there was for someone with a disability (I sent the roach a copy, which pee'd her off). It turned out the 1st day was on the 4th floor, no lift, but they did have an evacuation procedure for people with mobility issues (they often don't). They offered to see me on the ground floor, which was good of them and I was actually willing to go, but I then discovered that it was a 5 day course (the roach didn't tell me that) and after the 1st day there was 4 days of training in an entirely different location.  I could go once to the 1st location (and then suffer the pain afterwards) but there was no way I could do it at an entirely different location 4 times in a row. I would have been unable to walk on day 2. If I hadn't found all this out and had agreed to go but then found I couldn't do the rest of the course I would have been forced to drop out, attracting a sanction and a fight with a DM that I would have won.

Another example, our WHP provider is located 10 miles away, works out of a second floor location, and has no public email address. Telephone only. Apparently they don't expect any disabled benefit claimants to need to use email only to contact them. If I want to ask any questions about access I'd have to ring them up, at my cost. For a provider that is supposed to be helping unemployed claimants with disabilities they've got a funny way of going about it. The organisation in question is Reed in Partnership. The DWP has tried to get me to volunteer to go see these idiots many times over the last 2 years. I've blocked them every time and I will continue to block them. If they finally decide to mandate me I will go and make those people at Reed in Partnership wish they'd never met me Wink
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4