BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with a Universal Credit Sanction?

2 posters

Go down

Need help with a Universal Credit Sanction? Empty Need help with a Universal Credit Sanction?

Post by Non Deficere Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:22 am

It is my intention to prepare advice and guidance as well as templates. Posting this message will ensure I do something about it in the next few weeks. I am in full flow with 2 complex court cases.

I am sure members including myself will assist with urgent requests.

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Need help with a Universal Credit Sanction? Empty Re: Need help with a Universal Credit Sanction?

Post by Pintel Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks Non-Def. Need help with a Universal Credit Sanction? 2035158131

I was wondering what the changes are between the old JSA sanctions & the Univ Credit sanction schemes??? Need help with a Universal Credit Sanction? 2227953398
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Need help with a Universal Credit Sanction? Empty Re: Need help with a Universal Credit Sanction?

Post by Non Deficere Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:23 am

Universal Credit sanctions

Details of the UC sanction regime are given in the DWP’s Sanctions Statistics methodology document (DWP 2018a) and by OBR (2018, Chapter 3). The UC regime has similar lengths of sanction to those of the previous benefits for the various ‘failures’, but there are some critical differences. Sanctions are lengthened by being made consecutive, not concurrent. Hardship payments become repayable. Given that repayments are made at the rate of 40% of benefit – the same as the amount by which a hardship payment is lower than the benefit – this means that for claimants receiving hardship payments, UC sanctions are in effect 2½ times as long as their nominal length.5 All sanctioned UC claimants must also demonstrate ‘compliance’ for 7 days before applying for hardship payments, and must reapply for each 4-week period. The 80% hardship rate for ‘vulnerable’ claimants is abolished. There is a new ‘lowest’ category of sanction which applies to claimants who would previously have been subject to the milder IS sanction regime. But now lone parents with a child aged between 2 and 5 lose their whole standard allowance, and those with a child aged 1 lose 40% of it, whereas previously both groups would have lost 20%. Under UC, the sanction is applied to the amount of the Standard Allowance6 which is calculated to be due. In the case of in-work UC sanctions, the calculated amount may be less than the full amount, in which case the sanction may also be less.

www.cpag.org.uk/sites/default/files/uploads/18-08%2520Sanctions%2520Stats%2520Briefing%2520-%2520D.Webster.docx+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-b-d" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZiFgludppRoJ:www.cpag.org.uk/sites/default/files/uploads/18-08%2520Sanctions%2520Stats%2520Briefing%2520-%2520D.Webster.docx+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-b-d
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down