BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skills sessions

3 posters

Go down

Skills sessions Empty Skills sessions

Post by El-dudeareno Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:37 am

I went to a skills session yesterday, there was one point that troubled me the private company wanted a copy of my CV to keep and send out to other recruiters in there group if any suitable positions came along for me to do. I refused as I don’t need anyone spamming my CV around to employers, ruining my chance of employment. I was wondering how legal this is to do this, with the data protection issues etc. And what is the polite way to tell them that I don’t wish them to have a copy of my CV?  cyclops
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Skills sessions Empty Re: Skills sessions

Post by Caker Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:36 pm

It is your data so your choice about who you do or don't give it to. In the same situation, I would just tell them straight that you politely decline their request.

Was their request accompanied by any threat of penalty?
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:33 am

El-dudeareno wrote:if any suitable positions came along for me to do

The DPA to one side - how would they even know which positions were "suitable" unless they also had a copy of your claimant commitment? You may have travel restrictions or disabilities that don't appear on your CV. I don't know of any real recruitment agency that doesn't interview the potential candidate face to face before accepting their CV for potential employment positions. I also believe that handing over your CV to a total stranger is giving away your ability to see firsthand whether the position is "suitable" or not.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down