Annual claim verification letter - take it to your Jobcentre or phone them.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Annual claim verification letter - take it to your Jobcentre or phone them.

Post by ABC on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:15 pm

Gadily, I don't know if this is the right part of the forum for this. Can you move it if not please.

For those who have been claiming for a year or more, each year we get sent an annual claim verification form to fill in and return. Last year I filled in and returned the form only to receive a follow up letter claiming I hadn't sent it back to them. So I filled in and returned the second form they'd included in the letter and again they sent a letter saying I hadn't returned my form so my benefit would be suspended until I provided the information. It was quickly sorted after I phoned them and they took the information over the phone.

So this year I receive my claim verification form which I dutifully post back to them. They send a letter claiming that I have not returned it. I fill in and send the second form back to them and again they send a letter claiming I haven't sent it to them. Now this year I actually got a receipt from the post office for sending both letters so I was prepared for a fight.  I took the posting receipts and a copy of the second verification form I'd filled in to my Jobcentre expecting a great fuss and bother but the (new) work coach I was referred to said, "oh, we can scan that and send it for you and we'll send off the paper form as well just in case". No fuss, no bother, just the way it should be every time you have a problem with the Jobcentre or DWP but rarely is.

So, my advice, in future don't risk getting the runaround from the incompetents at the benefits centre, just take the form directly to your Jobcentre on your signing day and get them to scan and send it. Or, alternatively, if you can afford the phone call, call the number on the letter and give the info over the phone. Just don't bother sending the info back by post! Mad
ABC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Annual claim verification letter - take it to your Jobcentre or phone them.

Post by Caker on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:36 pm

.....an alternative is scanning it and emailing it to your district manager. That will be proof you sent it.

Last edited by Caker on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Caker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:40 am

Yep, good advice. There's no reason for a request to send paperwork via hott email to be refused either.
Absolut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Absolut wrote:Yep, good advice. There's no reason for a request to send paperwork via hott email to be refused either.

youve just reminded me that some government systems do refuse to use certain email accounts so even if you did send it by digital it actually donst mena they may recieve it on there end due to there software refusing to except that email address
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:07 am

Admin' wrote:youve just reminded me that some government systems do refuse to use certain email accounts so even if you did send it by digital it actually donst mena they may recieve it on there end due to there software refusing to except that email address

When this happens, would you expect to get one of those 'undeliverable' auto response emails so you know that the server rejected your email?  If not, you just would not know if your email was delivered or not.
Caker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:17 am

Admin wrote:
Absolut wrote:Yep, good advice. There's no reason for a request to send paperwork via hott email to be refused either.

youve just reminded me that some government systems do refuse to use certain email accounts so even if you did send it by digital it actually donst mena they may recieve it on there end due to there software refusing to except that email address

HOTT email is their own internal delivery method.
Absolut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Absolut wrote:HOTT email is their own internal delivery method.

I didn't know about HOTT. I have never heard/seen it mentioned before.
Caker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:32 am

https://www.pcs.org.uk/department-for-work-and-pensions/news/handover-and-telephony-tracker-hott-branch-feedback

In November 2011 HOTT (Handover and Telephony Tracker) was introduced in Benefit Centres to replace the Outbound Call Logger (OCL).

The purpose of OCL and HOTT is to manage each individual call to attempt to direct the call to the correct team to deal with the customer query and for them to respond within the 3 hour call-back time and to provide management with performance data so that performance and resources can be managed to an optimum level.

Last edited by Absolut on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Absolut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Thanks Smile
Caker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top