BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is joining Islington I-works mandatory for income based JSA claimant?

+2
Caker
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Is joining Islington I-works mandatory for income based JSA claimant? Empty Is joining Islington I-works mandatory for income based JSA claimant?

Post by cc120 Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:12 pm

I've an appt with someone from Islington I-works today and just wondered whether it is mandatory to sign anything?

cc120

Back to top Go down

Is joining Islington I-works mandatory for income based JSA claimant? Empty Re: Is joining Islington I-works mandatory for income based JSA claimant?

Post by cc120 Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:38 pm

I believe Iwork is Employment commission/Working Better scheme.

cc120

Back to top Go down

Is joining Islington I-works mandatory for income based JSA claimant? Empty Re: Is joining Islington I-works mandatory for income based JSA claimant?

Post by cc120 Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Iwork is voluntary a scheme and quite flexible if you do decide to get the 1 to 1 help that is offered.

cc120

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Sorry for the late reply. What happened at the appointment?

Do you have any links to IWork? People not in London may not be familiar with this scheme.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:55 pm

ive never heard of it but from a quick read its a council initiative project run in many areas unsure if its voluntary or if a wc can enforce anyone going there
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:40 am

Is this the scheme?

https://www.islington.gov.uk/advice/employment/working-better

Islington.gov.uk wrote:The 'Working Better' pilot ran from September 2015 to September 2016.

Six GP surgeries across Islington took part in the scheme, which offered residents who wanted to work, but had long-term, health-related problems, the option of a referral by their GP for personalised, employment coaching. This was offered on a one-to-one basis at their GP surgery.

The scheme was developed in response to our Employment Commission findings that disabled people, and those who have a long-term health condition or are recovering from illness, often need more support and some practical adjustments to enter the workplace.

The pilot was jointly funded by the council and Jobcentre Plus (JCP), but there were no links to benefits or sanctions. None of the personal patient information from the pilot was shared with JCP or the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).

The scheme has provided valuable experience of delivering employment support locally.

From this information, it appears that information is not shared with DWP (including attendance/participation), so there can be no sanction for not attending. It is therefore voluntary, unless something has changed since the pilot scheme.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Current JSA schemes:

Schemes for assisting claimants to obtain employment

Day One Support for Young People.............................................................34848
Derbyshire Mandatory Youth Activity Programme .......................................34849
Full-time Training Flexibility ..........................................................................34850
New Enterprise Allowance ...........................................................................34851
The sector-based work academy.................................................................34852
Skills Conditionality ......................................................................................34853
The Work Programme..................................................................................34854
Community Work Placements ......................................................................34855
Traineeships.................................................................................................34856
Work Able Scotland and Work First Scotland .............................................34859

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/626756/dmgch34.pdf

There are no named schemes within the WRA 2012 or the UC regulations 2013.

Mandatation to courses (old style JSA):

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t337-legal-use-of-a-jobseeker-s-direction

However, UC claimants can me mandated to prescribed schemes and programmes, for example the work programme.

Last edited by helping_hand on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:26 pm

helping_hand wrote:Community Work Placements ......................................................................34855

I thought CWP was scrapped? (at least I hope it is)

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Jara wrote:
helping_hand wrote:Community Work Placements ......................................................................34855

I thought CWP was scrapped? (at least I hope it is)

Yes it is, but I am assuming some Tribunal appeals may still be in progress.
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:59 pm

Helping_hand wrote:
However, UC claimants can me mandated to prescribed schemes and programmes, for example the work programme.

Does anyone you know the criteria for U-C Claimants to be mandated to these schemes? Question
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:53 am

El-dudeareno wrote:Helping_hand wrote:

Does anyone you know the criteria for U-C Claimants to be mandated to these schemes? Question

16Work preparation requirement
(1)In this Part a “work preparation requirement” is a requirement that a claimant take particular action specified by the Secretary of State for the purpose of making it more likely in the opinion of the Secretary of State that the claimant will obtain paid work (or more paid work or better-paid work).
(2)The Secretary of State may under subsection (1) specify the time to be devoted to any particular action.
(3)Action which may be specified under subsection (1) includes in particular—
(a)attending a skills assessment;
(b)improving personal presentation;
(c)participating in training;
(d)participating in an employment programme;
(e)undertaking work experience or a work placement;
(f)developing a business plan;
(g)any action prescribed for the purpose in subsection (1).
(4)In the case of a person with limited capability for work, the action which may be specified under subsection (1) includes taking part in a work-focused health-related assessment.
(5)In subsection (4) “work-focused health-related assessment” means an assessment by a health care professional approved by the Secretary of State which is carried out for the purpose of assessing—
(a)the extent to which the person's capability for work may be improved by taking steps in relation to their physical or mental condition, and
(b)such other matters relating to their physical or mental condition and the likelihood of their obtaining or remaining in work or being able to do so as may be prescribed.
(6)In subsection (5) “health care professional” means—
(a)a registered medical practitioner,
(b)a registered nurse,
(c)an occupational therapist or physiotherapist registered with a regulatory body established by an Order in Council under section 60 of the Health Act 1999, or
(d)a member of such other profession regulated by a body mentioned in section 25(3) of the National Health Service Reform and Health Care Professions Act 2002 as may be prescribed.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/5/section/16

No-one can be referred to the work programme twice.
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Thanks H_H, it seems the criteria reading between the lines is the old chestnut of "Best chance helping claimants to find employment"? cyclops
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cc120 Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:49 pm

Thank you all for your contribution Smile

cc120

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down