BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WCA strategy

3 posters

Go down

WCA strategy Empty WCA strategy

Post by Caker Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:12 pm

Whilst browsing another forum (of which I am NOT a member) I came across this.

http://dwpexamination.org/forum/esa-how-to-guides-sample-letters/example-of-a-letter-that-could-be-handed-to-hcp-prior-to-assessment/

Not sure how plausible it is. It appears ill informed to me, but I am interested in whether others think it has merit.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

WCA strategy Empty Re: WCA strategy

Post by helping_hand Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:32 pm

I doubt any medical professional could record verbatim any conversation with a patient/DWP client.

I would suggest that a recording is requested:

Asked by Grahame Morris(Easington)Asked on: 28 March 2017

There are no plans to introduce the mandatory recordings of assessments for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and Personal Independence Payments (PIP).

Whilst there is no legal need to record assessments, claimants can request in advance that their ESA assessment is recorded. This is explained to claimants in the letter inviting them to their face-to-face assessment.

On 13 March a small-scale pilot started to test whether there are any benefits to audio recording PIP face-to-face assessments. Once the results of this pilot have been processed and evaluated, we will be able to make further decisions on whether DWP will consider recording PIP assessments in the future.
However, assessment recording will always be entirely voluntary and subject to claimant consent.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Commons/2017-03-28/69482/
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks HH

On an entirely different note, I have on occasions needed to see people who are completely deaf. On those occasions I was happy to write everything for them to read.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:10 am

I  think it's perfectly reasonable for a deaf person to have all their answers transcribed for them, by Maximus or ATOS, from a recording, but the letter example is way too hostile to be effective if the person isn't deaf to begin with.

How do Maximus and ATOS communicate with deaf claimants btw? I can't imagine that many HCPs have sign language as one of their skills.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:57 pm

.....I also thought the letter was hostile and would not really stand a chance if the person is not deaf. Writing everything cannot be considered a reasonable adjustment if the person can hear.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down