BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAS (group action sessions).

4 posters

Go down

GAS (group action sessions). Empty GAS (group action sessions).

Post by El-dudeareno Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:18 pm

I read this thread on another forum, and wonder has anyone heard of this GAS (group action sessions)? Also I thought that combining of signing/appointments with the Work-Coach was for one to one support. And it was illegal to have a group signing sessions pale . Regardless of staffing levels at the local JCP? As I found out with FV help flower  about the “Digital Job Club” which was a signing session and computer job search monitoring rolled into one.

Dboy wrote:

"For the last 2 signing on periods and until October so I have been told I have been put on GAS (group action sessions).
Basically it is a group signing session where we just give our names, they tick a box then we are sent on our merry way, no proving job search or tasks to perform just sent on our way, been a blessing and a chance to recover, it made me realise how much stress I had been under with the previous regime and slowly I have been able to breath again.

The reason why they are doing this is because they have staff shortages and I have also been told that it will become worse in coming months which was a surprise, I know a lot of the mature staff have took early retirement or left due to dissatisfaction with the working conditions but I also heard they were recruiting over 2000 new work coaches so not everything must be going to plan.

Where I live they are closing down all the JCP offices and merging them into the council house which will then become the largest JCP office in the country.

They wasted so many millions on the those digital pads they never use, if they can do this group signing now, why not roll it out across the country and save even more money also saves recruiting any more staff whose only role is to turn the screw and not give any real help/ support, I would hazard a guess it would even help lower the number of unemployed as they mentally recover from the brutality of the present system.
"

http://welfarecentral.org/index.php/forum-home/jobseekers-allowance-jsag/976-interesting-development-job-centre/reply/3944
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

GAS (group action sessions). Empty Re: GAS (group action sessions).

Post by Admin Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:25 pm

group action sessions is exactly the same as group information session

its looking like dwp advisers or jobcenter managers are changing the profile of it

any reference to the name above points back to GIS for a GAS i havent found a reference to it
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:07 pm

@Admin' - it looks different to GIS. They are not providing info' at these sessions. From the description, it looks like calling the form register at school geek
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:28 am

Just a few thoughts !

Secondly, based on the information provided 'failure to provide a signed declaration' would not apply if a person fails to attend a GAS.

Thirdly, primary legislation requires the claimant to 'attend' an interview and to provide such evidence and information as may be prescribed to his circumstances his availability for employment and the extent to which he is actively seeking employment.  The request for information can only be limited to work related matters and not personal information, which can only be provided with consent.   A claimant can control what information they share and still meet the legislative requirement.    

8. Attendance, information and evidence
(1) Regulations may make provision for requiring a claimant
[2(other than a joint-claim couple claiming a joint-claim jobseeker’s
allowance)]–
(a) to [3participate in an interview in such manner, time
and place] as [4an employment officer] may specify;
and

(b) to provide information and such evidence as may be
prescribed as to his circumstances, his availability for
employment and the extent to which he is actively
seeking employment.

Therefore failure/participate in an interview (GAS) would not apply.

Contingency/emergency measures allow payments to be processed without attendance in certain circumstances.

It would be good to have sight of the notice, if there is one?
lol!

Very interesting!
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:22 pm

Helping_hand  Just a few thoughts !

"Firstly, the author of the post clearly did not want his thoughts shared here or elsewhere."

GAS (group action sessions). 2109603344   Embarassed , it is my bad there H-H. To your first point the author did share there thoughts elsewhere, just on another forum? To which I added the hyperlink to. So this is a basically a 'Re-tweet'? Aswell as no more details that the author wished to give  cyclops .

While no one has experienced this 'Group Action Sessions' here on this forum. I was interested to spread the word, and find out others views on this session.

Also what is the forum policy, upon re-cycling information from other similar forums? As I thought you wouldn't want a 'divide & conquer' scenario between us and other forums? scratch
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:39 pm

No worries El-dudeareno!

The author posted privately so re tweeting does not apply.

I am sure a great deal of information from this site and UM is posted on 'AN Other' site without the author's consent!
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:47 pm

Thank H-H, as you might of guessed that cyber world is still new to me. drunken

Are there any rules of forum etiquette, with regards to re-posting sharing information? albino
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:22 pm

A similar post has been created about 'copyright content' on the forum, so I have added a link to this  GAS (group action sessions). 2650990582 .

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t547-copyright-content#2299
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down