BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UC: Providing evidence in a specified manner

4 posters

Go down

UC: Providing evidence in a specified manner Empty UC: Providing evidence in a specified manner

Post by Welfare-Champion Tue May 21, 2019 9:07 am

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

UC: Providing evidence in a specified manner Empty Re: UC: Providing evidence in a specified manner

Post by Caker Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 am

This FOI response is disingenuous where it says that there is no standard template for a cc. Many of the items just keep appearing time after time.

The only 'unique' part is pertaining to the claimants circumstances; that is the smallest section and frequently overlooked / ignored when coercing claimants to perform certain actions. pirat
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

UC: Providing evidence in a specified manner Empty Re: UC: Providing evidence in a specified manner

Post by MrFrankZola Tue May 21, 2019 12:00 pm

Welfare-Champion wrote:Take care about what you agree to in your UCCC/New style JSACC:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/569216/response/1369125/attach/2/FOI2019%2015390%20Reply.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

The key to this FOI reply, is how it is reliant upon what is written in a Claimant Commitment. IE: Agreed between a claimant and a 'coach' and then 'accepted' by a claimant.

This still leaves scope for a claimant to show a copy of their CV in paper format, without it being retained and showing a work search record on paper, again without it being retained by the 'coach'/Jobcentre.

And if needed a 'coach' can be shown the FOI:

“It is not a mandatory requirement for the claimant to provide the required work search evidence via their journal. The claimant must be able to provide written evidence of their work search.

It is not mandatory for the claimant to upload their CV onto the journal, the claimant must however be able to show a completed and up to date CV. ”
(emphasis added)
Source: ‘Using a netbook or digital screen device to provide evidence’ – DWP FOI reply 4201 – 20 October 2017
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/435142/response/1056696/attach/html/2/4201%20reply.pdf.html

So any claimant commitment reflects the above FOi reply.

Your CV

Some claimants always have their latest CV with them at any Jobcentre appointment/work search review, so if requested they can show it to a 'coach', without allowing them to retain it and mitigate them asking for the CV to be provided via email or the UC Journal.

PDF links

It is better to provide links to the incoming link page, like
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/requirement_to_show_a_cv_for_a_u#incoming-1369125
rather than direct to a PDF. Sometimes the seeing the full foi history and correspondence gives a better overview of issues and can include additional files/disclosures, complaints and annotations
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/requirement_to_show_a_cv_for_a_u#comment-88044
that will not be seen when only a PDF link is posted.

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue May 21, 2019 5:54 pm

I would always proceed with caution when supplying anything to a wc via email. My preference would always be to show a paper copy of anything I don't want to be retained and use the journal for anything I do want to be visible even if the DWP worker leaves and their DWP login is deleted.

I worked via an agency who asked me to send another copy of some document I had already sent (they swore blind I had never sent it). It turned out that I had originally sent it to a staff member who had since left. It possibly got deleted with his staff login.

Last edited by Caker on Wed May 22, 2019 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Wed May 22, 2019 7:23 am

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed May 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks ND. I had never seen this document before now.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Wed May 22, 2019 3:34 pm

UC: Providing evidence in a specified manner 2035158131 Caker!

Very interesting!
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Wed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm

Useful info, disclosed pack does not include the word "evidence", but does use "record", in "We will also ask you to plan and record what you do to look for work" and says "You can do your planning in a diary or on paper"

Always recommend not linking direct to a PDF, as it can prevent dating a disclosure, seeing any other
disclosures and the original FOI request and follow up responses or complaints.

To locate the full foi process on a WDTK pdf link like

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/322909/response/796956/attach/4/Claimant%20Commitment%20Pack%20UC%20Claimant.pdf

copy all text that comes before "/response/" and post the link in to your browser.

The result in the above example is

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/322909

which goes to:

2016 FOI:  'Copy of Claimant Commitment Pack'.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/copy_of_claimant_commitment_pack#incoming-796956
"Please see attached a copy of the Claimant Commitment Pack. Please note
there are several versions of this depending upon the claimants’
circumstances"
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/322909/response/796956/attach/html/3/FOI%201022.pdf.html

With the current UC online claim process and the resulting UC account covers the pack info and is tailored to the individual?

Last edited by MrFrankZola on Wed May 22, 2019 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed May 22, 2019 4:44 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/copy_of_claimant_commitment_pack

what do they know wrote:Dear Department for Work and Pensions,

Please provide me with a copy of the Claimant Commitment Pack issued to Universal Credit claimants, which includes: Your meeting plan, Your work search and My work plan when claimants prefer to fill in and sign their commitment face to face at a Jobcentre instead of on-line.

Also please provide me with any guidance for work coaches when claimants prefer to fill in and sign their commitment face to face at a Jobcentre instead of on-line.

This cc pack looks like it is for those who don't want to accept the cc online. That will be the reason I did not get one.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Thu May 23, 2019 7:44 am

What does the on-line pack/info look like?
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu May 23, 2019 11:03 am

There is not really an equivalent to this paper version. There is just the cc:

My commitments
Accepted on (date).

I will do everything that I can to find work or earn more.

Work I can do
I will look for and take any work that I'm able to do, including:

* job title
* job title
* Job title

I will also apply for any jobs recommended by my work coach.
I will look for full-time work for the minimum wage or more.

My availability

I'm available for job interviews immediately and will participate fully. I'm available to start work immediately.

Travel to work

I can travel up to 90 minutes to work.

What I will do

I will normally spend 35 hours a week looking and preparing for work.

I've agreed with my work coach that I will:-

• I will job search x times a week online. I will look at all the sites I am registered on. I will consider all vacancies that I am capable of doing within my travel to work area and apply for anything appropriate.

• I will respond to recruiters promptly when contacted in order to have the best chance in securing employment.

• I will ask friends and family members if they are aware of any work and apply for any suitable vacancies.

• I will upload a copy of my CV to my universal credit account so that I can received feedback on its contents and layout.

• I will apply for any jobs that I am capable of doing.

• I will consider what other types of work that I may be able to do.

• I will target specific employers and visit their websites to see if there are any suitable vacancies. If they are not advertising, I will consider making a speculative application and then following this up.

• I will record all of my activity on my journal, this will include applications, interviews, activities and rejections and use this to keep in contact with my Work Coach.

Extra activities

I have not discussed any extra activities.

Meetings with my work coach

I will attend and take part fully in all meetings with my work coach. I will tell my work coach immediately if I can't do this.

Using my online account

I will sign in to my online account often to:
• complete all activities in my to-do list
• report changes to my circumstances promptly, including changes to work

If I can't get online, I will report any changes by calling 0800 328 5644 (Textphone: 0800 328 1344). Calls to 0800 numbers are free from landlines and mobiles.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Thu May 23, 2019 11:10 am

okay thanks!

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down