BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

accepting a mobile phone from strangers

3 posters

Go down

accepting a mobile phone from strangers  Empty accepting a mobile phone from strangers

Post by Caker Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:45 pm

.......so the roach has a bee in his/her bonnet about telephone access and raised the subject again. This time suggesting that I am obliged to be contactable via 'phone and to that end will organise the provision of a mobile.

My response was that there is no requirement in law for me to to be contactable via telephone and unless the law has changed, any phone provided to me will not be accepted but left in the JC without me even handling it. I made it clear that I accept calls from recruiters but not DWP (historical reasons).

I think the roach was quite shocked and said s/he will have to refer it to a manager. There is nothing in the CC (what a relief) so I hope that will be the last I ever hear of it. Watch this space. Rolling Eyes
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

accepting a mobile phone from strangers  Empty Re: accepting a mobile phone from strangers

Post by Non Deficere Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:04 pm

Caker wrote:.......so the roach has a bee in his/her bonnet about telephone access and raised the subject again. This time suggesting that I am obliged to be contactable via 'phone and to that end will organise the provision of a mobile.

My response was that there is no requirement in law for me to to be contactable via telephone and unless the law has changed, any phone provided to me will not be accepted but left in the JC without me even handling it. I made it clear that I accept calls from recruiters but not DWP (historical reasons).

I think the roach was quite shocked and said s/he will have to refer it to a manager. There is nothing in the CC (what a relief) so I hope that will be the last I ever hear of it. Watch this space. Rolling Eyes

Just incase... Very Happy

Availability

J3113
In order to demonstrate that they are willing and able immediately to take up paid work, claimants should
1. be physically able to take up work within the appropriate timescale
2. be contactable (through mail, e-mail or phone) for interviews or work
3. be willing and able to give up any commitments which may interfere with their ability to start work
4. attend all interviews that have been offered to them
5. consider their appearance and behaviour to ensure this does not reduce their prospects of finding paid work.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/720614/admj3.pdf

1. I can confirm there is no legal or policy requirement for a claimant to have a mobile phone in order to make a claim to Universal Credit.
2. When making a Universal Credit claim claimants are asked to provide their home address plus are asked to provide an email address (if they have one) plus a mobile number (if they have one) and a landline number (if they have one). However if they do not provide email or phone details this does not prevent them from continuing with their claim to Universal Credit.
3. The Department does not have a policy on a claimant owning a mobile phone. The reason they are asked to provide a phone number is because it provides a quicker method of contacting the claimant if there are any queries about their new claim. In addition, most people have requirements in their claimant commitment to look for work and be available for appointments with their work coach or for interviews and therefore it is easier to make those arrangements if we are able to contact them quickly.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/300549/response/740144/attach/2/FoI%204697%20reply.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

accepting a mobile phone from strangers  Empty Re: accepting a mobile phone from strangers

Post by Caker Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:03 pm

Thanks.
More evidence to stump them with Very Happy
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:07 pm

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:14 pm

Frank is a gem. sunny
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:32 pm

My understanding is that the DWP system sometimes randomly generates messages telling the claimant to access the journal. These can happen out of office hours and can be a bit alarming (like the digital version of the brown envelope but not confined to morning post pale ).

I have a special email address to 'quarantine' DWP emails from any other emails. The other evening I received an email telling me to access my journal. When I did, it was just a non urgent message telling me which benefits I am not claiming.

Seeing the effect this had, my family suggested I log out of that email account and only access it in office hours because DWP have no business imposing upon my evenings. I did that. I have decided that I have no intention of letting DWP intrude into my personal life. I am certainly not carrying it around in my bag.

Down with big brother and the panopticon state Basketball
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 am

Good for you! lol!

Caker wrote:My understanding is that the DWP system sometimes randomly generates messages telling the claimant to access the journal. These can happen out of office hours and can be a bit alarming (like the digital version of the brown envelope but not confined to morning post pale ).

I have a special email address to 'quarantine' DWP emails from any other emails. The other evening I received an email telling me to access my journal. When I did, it was just a non urgent message telling me which benefits I am not claiming.

Seeing the effect this had, my family suggested I log out of that email account and only access it in office hours because DWP have no business imposing upon my evenings. I did that. I have decided that I have no intention of letting DWP intrude into my personal life. I am certainly not carrying it around in my bag.

Down with big brother and the panopticon state Basketball

DWP should not be sending you emails, because they know you have limited internet access!
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:44 am

That is a good point ND. Do you think I should raise a request for letter only communication, or would that be poking the hornets nest?
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:57 am

Caker wrote:That is a good point ND. Do you think I should raise a request for letter only communication, or would that be poking the hornets nest?

I am not fully conversant with the UC Journal, an email maybe an automatic process for every UCJ notification.

You could send the emails to your spam and just check you Journal each time you go the library.

Last edited by Non Deficere on Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:20 am

What I have been doing is just not logging into my quarantine email but just logging into UC journal daily within library opening hours to see if anything has changed. That way, if DWP keep any sort of log of times the journal is accessed, there will be no activity 'out of hours' and nothing to indicate that it might not have been accessed in the library.  accepting a mobile phone from strangers  3889284177

I can share anything about the functionality of the journal (if I know it) with anyone on here who wants any knowledge / help with it. It is simple enough for the savvy. Deserves its own thread actually.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:30 am

Knowledge of the UCj would be helpful Caker. I have only seen screenshots of peoples posts within their account.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:38 am

I have started a new thread in 'computers and Internet'.

I will be sharing tips and hints for best use. I am also happy to share any knowledge and answer any questions, if I can.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:34 am

Caker wrote:I have started a new thread in 'computers and Internet'.

I will be sharing tips and hints for best use. I am also happy to share any knowledge and answer any questions, if I can.

accepting a mobile phone from strangers  2035158131 Caker flower
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:07 am

Caker if you're using the Journal I assume you're now on UC? How did that happen, I thought you were JSA?

Oh, and I can absolutely assure you that the only contact info the DWP can mandate is your home address. This has been an issue with me and the Jobcentre for many years on and off. The latest was they wanted to buy me a phone so that the WHP could contact me with the promise that the Jobcentre would not have the number. No thanks said I! Very Happy
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:32 pm

@ABC I sent you a PM. flower
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down