BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Individual jobseeker accounts accessed by DWP and Adzuna

4 posters

Go down

Individual jobseeker accounts accessed by DWP and Adzuna Empty Individual jobseeker accounts accessed by DWP and Adzuna

Post by Admin Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:15 am

as benefit bolshi found this

however didnt link to the foi request

this one is for july

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/515405/response/1240400/attach/html/2/3594%20Reply.pdf.html

In the month of July:
DWP accessed jobseeker accounts 884 times.
Adzuna accessed jobseeker accounts 46 times

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/individual_jobseeker_accounts_ac

7 February 2019

Dear P Ferguson,

Thank you for your Freedom of Information (FoI) request received on 27 January. You asked:  

For the months of August, September, October, November and December of 2018 please
separately provide:  

1. the number of times DWP accessed individual jobseeker accounts on 'Find a job; and

2. the number of times Adzuna accessed individual jobseeker accounts on 'Find a job'?

DWP Response:

I am writing to confirm that the Department has now completed its search for the information
you requested.

Regarding your requests:

“How many times did the DWP access individual jobseeker accounts on 'Find a job'?”

Aug: 458
Sep: 282
Oct: 338
Nov: 279
Dec: 196

“How many times did Adzuna access individual jobseeker accounts on 'Find a job'?”

Aug: 4
Sep: 15
Oct: 8
Nov: 3
Dec: 5

The figures above include access to some employer accounts as they initially register as
jobseeker accounts.

They will include each time an individual account is accessed.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Individual jobseeker accounts accessed by DWP and Adzuna Empty Re: Individual jobseeker accounts accessed by DWP and Adzuna

Post by Admin Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:21 am

the question to be put are these dwp accounts that have been accessed and not a jasg cc requests to view or could they be uc requests to view the account

id expect much higher figures if users was being mandated to provide access to there accounts
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Individual jobseeker accounts accessed by DWP and Adzuna Empty Re: Individual jobseeker accounts accessed by DWP and Adzuna

Post by Caker Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:34 pm

From the regs AFAIK, it is not even mandatory to create/maintain a FAJ a/c.

The regs make it clear that a claimant can only be mandated to create a public profile, but the platform must be the claimants choice e.g. Reed, CV library or any other.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:46 pm

Forgot to say: I was not aware that DWP could access FAJ accounts, so I have learned something new  study

Does anyone know if there is a 'no access' tick box like UJM used to have?

My understanding is that FAJ, like UJM before it, must not be used as a sanction tool, although I am aware UJM was used unlawfully, for that purpose and I am concerned that unless there is the option to deny access, many more claimants will fall foul of FAJ being used as a sanction tool. Evil or Very Mad
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:57 pm

FOI Question: What type of access will DWP and Jobcentre Work 'Coaches' have to the individual benefit claimant's account for the new 'Find A Job' (FAJ) service?

The recorded information we hold that best answers your questionabout the type of access DWP and Jobcentre Work Coaches will have to claimant accounts can be found in the extract below from the Find a job Delivery Implementation Guide which says:“DWP staff will not have access to view jobseeker accounts, CVs or activity/application history.”

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/479339/response/1158772/attach/3/Reply%202046.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:36 pm

Thanks ND.

I presume that on that basis, a JC worker will not know whether or not a claimant has registered for a FAJ account.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:25 am

Caker wrote:Thanks ND.

I presume that on that basis, a JC worker will not know whether or not a claimant has registered for a FAJ account.

The JC worker will not know unless you tell them, or it is documented within work search records.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:51 am

So on that note, if a claimant is mandated and does not challenge that (i.e. right to use any platform and not just FAJ) then I presume that the WC can insist on proof e.g. screen grab or logging in while WC shoulder surfs the claimant in JC.

pale
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:32 pm

no one can shoulder surf anyone whilst logging into there account

and neither should you allow them to take control of the mouse controls or keyboards

invasion of privacy your only providing evidence by showing

this does not include them trying to change or access other parts of the system via that jcp computer

screen grabs only use edited articles only an adviser can forward this to someone else by an appeal then provide evidence to them only

ive not seen a question on what do they know about

my adviser keeps shoulder surfing while im logging into the pc

my adviser changed settings on my account without consent but i dont know what they changed

i dont think those are dwp questions but direct questions for ico
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:35 pm

So, what is the best advice to follow if a WC wants to mandate you to create a FAJ account?

My argument would be that I can use any platform I wish. If the WC demands proof that I have created a public profile, how should I go about providing that proof?

Always good to have a clear strategy.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:43 am

Caker wrote:So, what is the best advice to follow if a WC wants to mandate you to create a FAJ account?

My argument would be that I can use any platform I wish. If the WC demands proof that I have created a public profile, how should I go about providing that proof?

Always good to have a clear strategy.

Claimant responsibility - Day 1 Conditionality
Day 1 Conditionality only applies to claimants in the AWRR – Intensive regime.
These activities may include creating an account and uploading a CV in Find a job or
if more appropriate, another jobsite, or creating an email account and/or a CV.  

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/479339/response/1158772/attach/html/12/Annex%208.pdf.html

Best strategy:

Identify better sites with reasons for your particular job goals.  

Show evidence that FAJ is not in the top 10 listed jobsites (2019)
http://www.careerexperts.co.uk/job-searching/uks-best-job-sites-2019

I haven't got the figures to hand, but there are not as many jobs posted on FAJ compared to other sites.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:50 pm

Fortunately at my CC meeting there was no mention of FAJ. What a relief. The JC worker seemed satisfied that I have uploaded a public profile to some other job board. Individual jobseeker accounts accessed by DWP and Adzuna 3889284177
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:47 pm

Caker wrote:Fortunately at my CC meeting there was no mention of FAJ. What a relief. The JC worker seemed satisfied that I have uploaded a public profile to some other job board. Individual jobseeker accounts accessed by DWP and Adzuna 3889284177

Good news! Very Happy
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down