Universal Credit Journey Empty Universal Credit Journey

Post by Non Deficere on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:21 am

An interesting and helpful FOI response:

DWP Central Freedom of Information Team
e-mail: freedom-of-information-request@dwp.gsi.gov.ukOur
Ref: FOI2019/00561
29January 2019

Dear Henry King,

Thank you for your Freedom of Information (FoI) request received on 7 January.

You asked: 1. When a Jobseeker’s Allowance claimant (JSA) is transferred onto Universal Credit (UC), is their claim for UC treated as a new claim? Please provide me with any recorded information held by the DWP, which either confirms or refutes this.
2. Please me provide with all the guidance used by DWP staff/work coaches when transferring JSA claimants onto UC. Please also include copies of template forms completed by work coaches and claimants during this process, including screenshots of electronic forms. Thank you.
3. I have been told that work coaches can suspend and/or terminate a claim for UC if the claimant refuses to agree to use the UC journal during the transfer process. Is this correct? Please provide me with any recorded information held by the DWP, which either confirms or refutes this.

DWP Response:
A copy of the information is enclosed in the format you requested. This information is taken from the Department’s operational instructions.

1.Introduction –Change of Circumstances that result in natural migration to UCFS
2.Change of Address
3.Caring starts
4.Couple separated
5.First dependant and/or QYP
6.Hospital 52 weeks
7.LTAMC joining partner on UC
8.New Partner
9.No longer wants to be claimant
10.Pregnancy and birth
11.Sickness
12.U18 Full time education
13.Work

14.Death of claimant

The answer to question 1 is provided within the enclosed operational instructions.

With regards to question 3 about the UC journal, following a search of our paper and electronic records, I have established that the information you requested is not held by this Department. There are no UCFS instructions that give advice on what actions a Work Coach would take when a claimant refuses to use the Journal. If you have any queries about this letter please contact us quoting the reference number above.

Yours sincerely, DWP Central FoI Team

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/542380/response/1301324/attach/2/00561WDTK%20Response.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Please note that a ASE disallowance is not on the change of circumstances list!!!!

Non Deficere
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Universal Credit Journey Empty Re: Universal Credit Journey

Post by Pintel on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:13 pm

Glad to see: "14.Death of claimant" is a reason to be passed onto the Univ Credit Scheme. Do you get a payment from beyond the grave? Rolling Eyes
Pintel
Pintel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Universal Credit Journey Empty Re: Universal Credit Journey

Post by Non Deficere on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:52 pm

lol!

That has to be a mistake! One of many!
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

View user profile

Back to top Go down