health and safety

Go down

health and safety

Post by Admin on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:05 am

some of us on the other site might remember the poster of the unsafe site conditions they was working at via the skips and tip searching

i tend to remember that post and the posters of the info then also they was asking if we knew the regs or did the service provider have to follow the health and safety protocol or there other service providers or there placements

i remember someone mentioning that a claimant actually got hurt on one of these placements

i strongly believe and i would whistle blow against any company that flouted the health and safety rules even if it cost me my dwp payment as its against there system and believe any company or placement should not flout these rules either

if theres any questions some would like to be answered about health and safety for these programs please post below
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: health and safety

Post by Caker on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:11 pm

I have posted my questions just to get the discussion under way.

1)  H&S inductions for participants - who is responsible for ensuring these are completed before the person starts a placement?

(2) What insurance is the participant covered by, in case of accident, bearing in mind that the person is not an employee and they are not a volunteer?

(3) Will participants be informed about the procedure to follow if they need to report unsafe environments, practices or any other concerns once they are on the placement?

(4) How are pregnant women affected by the scheme?

(5) What risk assessments are carried out when disabled people are mandated to a placement?
Caker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Good Question @Caker, also I was wondering if the participant can ask for a copy of these documents from the company. So if anything does go wrong, there is some evidence that they believed that they are covered. And also might be able to get out of doing a 'placement' if they are not legal covered to be at the workplace.  Twisted Evil
El-dudeareno

View user profile http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:34 pm

Good point El-Dude.

Caker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:04 pm

it was what i was thinking of the last time these courses came out

to be honest id like to know myself the outcome of these questions that we had on the old site dont think we ever got to the bottom of them

or actually found out much detail
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:06 am

Caker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:15 pm

I remember that one of the strategies we were using to avoid or delay workfare programs was to ask in writing for all the H&S certifications, first aid compliance, etc. Most of the providers of subcontractors had an appalling record (when I was enslaved in the 6 months Community Work Placement (CWP) these rules were at best fictionally observed) and asking questions sometimes unnerved them into refusing a placement.
They also provided some ground for appeal against sanctions.
Brutus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Brutus wrote:
I remember that one of the strategies we were using to avoid or delay workfare programs was to ask in writing for all the H&S certifications, first aid compliance, etc. Most of the providers of subcontractors had an appalling record (when I was enslaved in the 6 months Community Work Placement (CWP) these rules were at best fictionally observed) and asking questions sometimes unnerved them into refusing a placement.
They also provided some ground for appeal against sanctions.

I think that requesting the information / asking pertinent questions, in each individual case, is still a good strategy, for the reasons outlined above.
Caker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus on Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:02 am

Brutus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down