BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hide and seek or what ? lol

3 posters

Go down

Hide and seek or what ? lol Empty Hide and seek or what ? lol

Post by dboy Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 pm

Well I never, wondered where everyone had gone from UM and why they never showed up on WC.

As always I am late to the party so nothing new there, I got banned by WC when I first made my account, so never really took much interest in it until recently and started to post again, now it seems that site might be going under.

So I hope this party not going end now I have joined, or you all run away somewhere, I will start to get paranoid.

I only came to upon this site as it showed up on my site stats that someone visited from a link on this site so curiosity got the better of me, then saw pauls (rebel) post.
https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t1431-demise-of-the-unemploymentmovement-com-fallout

Did not know at all you existed

In the process of building the site,spent just over a week now getting the bare bones together and then over the coming weeks I am going to flesh it out, improve the grammar, readability best I can, then change the name and logo etc.

Finally will go live with a domain name and a host rather than wordpress free hosting but it serves it purpose for now.

I am in no rush, Sanctions will be with us for the foreseeable future.

Now my idea is simple and is based on my experiences in the open source community, helping to develop applications mainly.

Now that could be anything from helping to write documentation,pushing ideas how the application should be developed,actual coding or just using the application and reporting any faults and so on.

It is the largest and most successful communities in the world, a great role of how people can get together using spare time and create something that can change the world.

The fact that people can contribute in so many ways and have a say in the development of the project gives them a sense of true belonging and therefore staying power.

It is based on openness,sharing,transparency and democracy and all knowledge should be free.

So lets say you join a project contribute much energy towards that project then the admin decides to pack it all in, or takes the project in ways you disagree,

With the open source model you can take everything, all the code, all the documentation lock stock and barrel then branch off into what you think it should be and not lose any or others hard work.

At the press off a button.

If the original source continues and lets say someone improves the documentation then you are free to incorporate those changes into your own project without having to worry about plagiarism copyright etc, the same applies to the original project if they see anything you have updated changed they too can also incorporate your work into their projects without worry.

The idea being sharing freely knowledge and content in order to achieve the projects ultimate goal

This means over time there could be a army of people working and improving the original source but also free to continue in their own way if they wish for whatever reason.

I have noticed on my travels that welfare sites or community forums do not adopt this overall approach yet it would be the best approach for a community based effort in my opinion.

So with this in mind and the problems associated with sites/forums appearing dissappearing good information is being lost, peoples time and effort are being wasted.

If someone has an an issue and google lets say benefit issues most community based sites will never rank as high as those like cab money saving expert and consumer forum .gov, crisis shelter or whatever, they might appear on page 5 if lucky of a google search but no one goes that far, we all can be accused of that at times.

I only found this forum by chance, I do a lot of google searching.

So folk are only ever exposed to those other sites when it comes to welfare issues.

So no one will know about your project unless by word of mouth or if someone follows a link as in my case.

That is ok if the project wants to stay small and niche.

Now the reason why I think a open source model has an advantage and a chance to rise above the rest of the noise is

Time is expensive these top ranking sites have to pay generally for staff, they are guarded in so much as they have to protect their investors and donations common alliances sometimes blurring the line between a free public service and propitiatory thinking.

We can have a army of willing volunteers bringing to the table a myriad of skills and experiences.

They walk a thin tightrope and although do some fantastic work we should be grateful but they are reluctant to say it actually how it is.

We have no political alignment nor sponsers to upset.

So we have those sitting at the top thus preventing community based sites that show how to fight back, take a stand from ever becoming too visible.

Because we have no political alliances or have to rely on donations, we do not have to hold back, we only have 1 goal help become a voice to end the sanctions regime become a top ranking site for keywords and to do that needs planning, organisation and a starting point.

A army of interested contributors be it content producers, proof readers,graphic design,fans of social media, legal and welfare experts or search engine gurus, learn along the way what area interests you.

We need to build our argument to remove sanctions by researching and gathering as much information as possible presenting the case to the voting population, teach ourselves how to become active and learn the inner working to push the case forward lean the lesson from UKIP love them or hate them on how to change the establishment.

It is understandable what happens to sites like UM and WC, it takes of lot of work and effort to rise above the noise to become visible to the masses, to produce good updated content that is factually correct and understandable to someone who has no idea about benefit law.

If we took the open source model invited everyone to contribute to the articles and content in any way they can, much like a application the main site will become the showcase for the solution.

The solution that encompasses most areas of the welfare is SANCTIONS, I know I have no need to explain the impact they have here but it often is the one ring that binds us all.

So a way to think of this is the website is the source code and the campaign to end sanctions is the solution the application hopes to fix.

The primary goal being to get the source (front page) high in the rankings so it become visible.

Along the way providing help and support in the forum side, but always pushing the primary goal of ending sanctions

All the time at any point you wish to branch of and do you own thing you can fork off from the original source and change it anyway you desire.

No one owns the source so if it does change your still fee to copy over any changes.

And if you allow it the source can copy from you, you might not even want to share any changes you make and make your project closed that is ok that is up to you.

We would only ask that you link back to the original source as a sign of respect not as a obligation.

The only thing that is important is getting the message out there that sanctions have to end it matters not who is in power, we will support anyone that agrees with our cause.

Now if all that made sense your a better man than me lol, if you can edit what I am trying to say and make it more clear then I would be more than happy to have you post it in this thread

in summery,

Get organised use pool all the resources experiences and skills we can muster, learn new ones along the way to build a web presence that gets high in the rankings at the same time using it as a platform for the campaign to end sanctions.

lol anyways said me bit for now Smile

dboy

https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Hide and seek or what ? lol Empty Re: Hide and seek or what ? lol

Post by Caker Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 am

dboy wrote:In the process of building the site,spent just over a week now getting the bare bones together and then over the coming weeks I am going to flesh it out, improve the grammar, readability best I can, then change the name and logo etc.

I believe I am quite good at grammar ('A' Level English standard) so I am happy to take a look at anything which might need a look Very Happy
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by dboy Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 pm

Hey Caker glad your interested, just go to the site and click contact, the link is on rebels thread.

I will get back ASAP, you got the job lol I will give editor rights but I need your email address so can send you the invite, you can have a look around some of my ideas in the shape of drafts or articles, and make any changes to any anything you think could be improved upon.

If you have not used word press collaborative features before, have a google for word press editor, we can learn together along the way the most effective way to operate and together hopefully as we build a team.

I hope admin is ok for me to post this, if it is removed no problem I understand, but if anyone gets involved they basically own the entire project content, there is nothing stopping you downloading all the content as is and going off and doing something it with for yourself.

I asked about using welfare central as the main forum for the site but the admin is not active so got no response, there is a forum plugin for word press and they also have plug ins so pretty versatile but I have not yet added it.

A domain name can be got for less than a pint of beer and there is some half decent free services that will host a word press installation for free without adds and such.

Anyways have a look around and do not be afraid to do/ say anything you wont break anything get a feel for the thing lol

dboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:08 pm

hi dboy id seen that you had joined the site

as you might have gathered i made the info freely available for everyone as it was handy on um and many of us used it on there

welcome to the site

this site will not close its there for everyone as made sure this site will be logged into no matter what
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dboy Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:56 pm

Admin wrote:hi dboy id seen that you had joined the site

as you might have gathered i made the info freely available for everyone as it was handy on um and many of us used it on there

welcome to the site

this site will not close its there for everyone as made sure this site will be logged into no matter what

Hey gadily good job with the site, done the right thing letting it be free to view without logging in imo.
All knowledge imo should be free, great to see you and others have kept up the good work where UM left off been having a nosy around at some of the articles some damn useful info was created by your good self and other members from UM, done well to recover it and create more content.

I have got nothing to gain by my proposals as such the only thing I want is a set of articles that are factually and lawfully correct,condensed and to the point, regularly checked and time stamped to show they are current and say have a 1 month review window on each legal article that are likely to change sue to changes in the system or 2 year review for articles that are unlikely to change.

I am sure this would be a valuable aid to everyone but needs everyone to join in.

When I try to find an answer to a simple question for the first time it can days weeks months even to follow the trail to get the real answer there is too much noise out there, unfinished articles, articles that do not provide the source old outdated articles that can mislead.

Unless your really committed most people will give up at that stage confused.

The thing about the top ranking sites is they are run like business so they do not tell the whole story for reasons that are understandable.

Anyways thanks for the welcome and allowing me to air my views, got it out the way wont mention it again unless someone asks.

I will try to get involved in some of the work you do here if I can, and anything you see that might be useful for this forum in my neck of the woods feel free to use it, though I doubt it, you have covered a lot of areas already.

dboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 pm

dboy wrote:

Hey gadily good job with the site, done the right thing letting it be free to view without logging in imo.
All knowledge imo should be free, great to see you and others have kept up the good work where UM left off been having a nosy around at some of the articles some damn useful info was created by your good self and other members from UM, done well to recover it and create more content.

its all free to view the main stuff has been left to view without logging into the site the other info is available behind registration which anyone can join

some letters are open to view others are not as registration is required for access

Forum started : Thu 13 Apr 2017 - 18:44
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:50 pm

@dboy
your avatar is a bit big on my device and partially obscures the text. This may not be the case on all devices. Very Happy
Just sayin'.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down