BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have any experiences of Pertemps recruitment?

+2
Absolut
Caker
6 posters

Go down

Anyone have any experiences of Pertemps recruitment? Empty Anyone have any experiences of Pertemps recruitment?

Post by Caker Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:54 am

I notice Pertemps advertising on TV and I wondered if they are reliable and worth registering with. I am interested in any experiences anyone might have had.

Cheers Smile
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Anyone have any experiences of Pertemps recruitment? Empty Re: Anyone have any experiences of Pertemps recruitment?

Post by Absolut Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Anyone have any experiences of Pertemps recruitment? Empty Re: Anyone have any experiences of Pertemps recruitment?

Post by Non Deficere Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:48 pm

Further reviews:

https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Pertemps/reviews

https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Pertemps-Network-Group/reviews?ftopic=paybenefits

I have a friend who is legal secretary and uses Pertemps without any problems.

Ultimately, it is how the initial and/or the assigned case worker responds to your needs and requirements that matters.

Last edited by Non Deficere on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:45 pm

Thanks A and ND for your replies.
I applied for a job on Pertemps without needing to register with the site (just filled in contact details (not address) and attached CV), I will see what happens next.Wink
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:31 pm

....Just an update: I received an email from a Pertemps recruitment consultant. It was very vague and generic. There was absolutely no mention of the specific vacancy that was advertised and that I applied to.

I felt very suspicious that the vacancy was not genuine, just a fake job to attract people to send in CVs (I had redacted the names of employers and instead just mentioned the organisation type, not the organisation name, on my CV, just as a precaution against sharing information when there was no prospect of a real job).

I will not be following it up. Anyone have any experiences of Pertemps recruitment? 2650990582
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:42 am

most agencys are using fake jobs to collect cvs and also you on there books

this is an old post

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3222932
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:44 pm

El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Retired Dosser Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:27 pm

An old thread and probably no longer relevant but for the record...

Pertemps were my WP providers so I did look into them and know quite a bit of how they operate and how they treat their employees.

Here's the originator of Pertemps and the now "Lifetime  President" outside his home :-

Anyone have any experiences of Pertemps recruitment? Article-2022663-0D4D559C00000578-732_634x411

Here are a couple of quotes of his, (as close as I can remember) :-

"He who holds the CV's holds the keys to the castle."

"small firms and charities were ‘groaning under the burden of complying with employment law that encourages employees to misrepresent themselves as victims of discrimination whenever their poor performance or behavior is tackled’.

He was freaquently in the press.  In 2011 gloating about being awarded record costs of £100,000 against a former employee who was found in court to have made false allegations of sexual harassment.

His response was:-

"These vexatious spongers have to be taught a lesson. And she has been, big time."

But that was back in 2011.  I obviously have no knowledge of the truth of this case, and equally obviously, I wouldn't take the word of a multi millionaire and a UK court.  

The establishments attitudes to sexual harassment back then were as we all know too well were far more likely to dismiss than give any credence to such alegations.  (And he certainly looks a slimeball to me!  Smile)

In 2010 he was accused of abusing a London Buss driver and his passengers in a road rage incident.  He was also a key figure in the ongoing mystery surrounding the so called Wrekin Ruby once valued at up to £11 million when he bought it for £8,000.

https://www.birminghampost.co.uk/business/pertemps-boss-tim-watts-denies-3932951

Anyone have any experiences of Pertemps recruitment? Tim-watts-238911026

His companies delivery of the WP was farcical.  His employees were badly trained and poorly prepared.  They tended to be almost evangelical, over positive, happy clappy (well at least for the first few meetings anyway), decent people who believed they were moving into the then burgeoning poverty pimping market to further their careers and do good for the poor people.  .

I got through about 7 different ones during my 10 or so meetings over 2 years and broke five of them.  Four of whom left after only months on the job and made it clear to me that it was probably the worst job they had ever had.  One of them spending almost the full meeting crying on my shoulder!

As for working with them I would definitely give them a swerve.  But any half sensible unemployed victim of their exploitation should easily be able to navigate safely through the holes in their business practices, performance and individual incompetance.

Oh and btw...

Mr Watts is also known to be fiercely protective of his reputation, having once sued a business owner who called him a “dickhead” and “money merchant” at a creditors’ meeting.

What a dickhead!

Twisted Evil
Retired Dosser
Retired Dosser

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:48 am

Thanks for this. I have since moved on and I am not applying for work with pertemps now.

Touché!

What a dickead Anyone have any experiences of Pertemps recruitment? 1392310362
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down