BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On-line Issues

4 posters

Go down

On-line Issues Empty On-line Issues

Post by Non Deficere Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi there,

Insidious /on-line/Cyber Bullying

Just wondering if anyone here has been subjected to any form of bullying or, can anyone offer advice to counter on-line harassment/bullying?

Many thanks for any advice/support!

Last edited by Non Deficere on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

On-line Issues Empty Re: On-line Issues

Post by Caker Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:06 pm

I remember that case. I remember how contrite the forum members were afterwards.

I have no other experiences to compare. I hope someone will pipe up if they have any advice to share.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:24 am

http://n-continuum.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/cybertrolls-and-trolling-just-doin-it.html

What should I do if I think I am being stalked or harassed online?

1- Tell the person harassing you in straight forward terms, "Leave me alone, stop harassing me. Do not contact me again." If you are in IM or chat, log off immediately and stay off-line for at least 24 hours.

2- Do not reply to anything else the harasser says. No replies to emails, taunts or lies said about you. Do NOT REPLY! Harassment is a form of power over you. If you take that power away from the harasser and refuse to "play their game" then you have become empowered instead. You are now in charge!

3- If the problem only exists in IM or chat, go off-line and completely change your online identity. This means changing your nickname and all the information you have listed in your profile. Everything must be changed!

4- In the case of email harassment you need to contact the harasser's ISP (Internet Service Provider) and make a complaint.

5- Stay out of problem chat rooms.

6- Don't give out your online ID except to "very" trusted friends and tell them not to give it out to anyone else.

7- Be certain all of your online profiles do not contain any personally identifying information about you, such as age, sex, address, phone number, school attended and teams you play on or where you work.

8- Be sure logging is enable In your IM and chat clients.

9- Keep all log files that pertain to the stalker for evidence.

10- Keep all e-mails that originate from the harasser or stalker and any replies you sent for evidence.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:50 am

In outlook you can block the emails from a specific address. The same is true in yahoo but the process requires more steps. There is a large capacity to save blocked addresses in cases where the harasser keeps changing to a different address.

If all else fails, a new email address may be the only solution.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:21 am

best way to stop this to a degree is

change your user name and also your email address

uk online bullying can be a police matter once you inform them its also the same with the user getting bullying through there private phones

it is a police matter

it wont be tolerated here
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Thanks Caker, Admin and Absolut for your helpful responses.

Insidious behaviours are more difficult to notice or prove, being excluded or ostracised is an invisible form of bullying.  The victim maybe unaware of what they have done to cause the change in behaviour, but they do know that something has changed and are left at the mercy of the perpetrator(s) actions.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Has anyone seen any examples of ostracism / exclusion on this forum?

It is something we should monitor, so always bring it to admin' attention.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:55 am

Non Deficere wrote:Insidious behaviours are more difficult to notice or prove, being excluded or ostracised is an invisible form of bullying.  The victim maybe unaware of what they have done to cause the change in behaviour, but they do know that something has changed and are left at the mercy of the perpetrator(s) actions.

Indeed. It's called character assassination and it will always take place behind your back. I highly recommend that you read the entire post from the link I sent. In the meantime it may be best to stay away from any forum where that sort of behaviour is occurring.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down