Looks like the use of provider work search engines is mandatory on the WHP!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Looks like the use of provider work search engines is mandatory on the WHP!

Post by ABC on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 pm

The response to this FoI
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/work_and_health_programme_job_se

I can confirm that the North West (Ingeus) and Wales (Remploy) providers do not have
any of their own in-house job search portals or websites.

The department does not currently hold the information you requested regarding in
house job search portals or websites for any Work and Health Contracted Providers in
the UK which have yet to go live.
Providers who have not yet gone live are still developing their systems and solutions to
support delivery of the Work and Health Programme. Therefore we are unable to
confirm at this time whether in house job search engines or websites will be used.

About as uninformative as I expected! Rolling Eyes
ABC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:50 pm

And the WHP provider guidance?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/453307/response/1094874/attach/html/2/5221%20Reply.pdf.html

DWP Response

I can confirm that the Department holds the information you are seeking. However,
Section 22 of the Freedom of Information Act exempts this information from disclosure.
This is because the information is intended for publication at a future date.  

This exemption requires the public interest for and against disclosure to be weighed in
the balance.  There is a public interest in information being released as soon as
possible. However, I am satisfied that there is a strong public interest in permitting
public authorities to publish information in a manner and form and at a time of their own
choosing. It is a part of the effective conduct of public affairs that the general
publication of information is a conveniently planned and managed activity within the
reasonable control of public authorities I am satisfied that in this instance the
Department has a reasonable entitlement to make its own arrangements to do so.  
I can also confirm the Department intends to publish the Work & Health Programme
(WHP) provider guidance on gov.uk by the end of January 2018.  
If you have any queries about this letter please contact me quoting the reference
number above.

It seems to me given the responses to the two FoIs that the WHP is somewhat delayed. Very Happy

Has anyone heard of anyone actually being referred yet?
ABC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:38 am

ABC wrote:And the WHP provider guidance?

Has anyone heard of anyone actually being referred yet?

Not yet ABC, but the "DWP is encouraging people to apply for the programme".  Sad

http://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t293p25-work-and-health-programme-part-2#4197
El-dudeareno

View user profile http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by echidna on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Just got told recently that people unemployed for over 2 years will be placed on WHP mandatory from April 2018 in my area.

echidna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:48 pm

echidna wrote:Just got told recently that people unemployed for over 2 years will be placed on WHP mandatory from April 2018 in my area.

Does that include people who have been on the WP already?
Caker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 am

While I am not clued up on the contentious legal aspects of the matter I would like to point out:
1- As it is the present legislation had offered us some protection in the past, for instance refusal to sign consent forms during WP or workfare programs. However it was based on the application of EU directives into British law.
Exiting the EU will inevitably weaken the argument or simply the law may be changed.

2 - The WHP is, by comparison to the WP, a small program. While the emphasis should be place on the employment of the disabled, I cannot see providers being to keen to accept someone whose health may worsen to the point of being unable to participate (and besides I seem to remember disable participation to have some elements of choice).
This means that the emphases will be on long term unemployed. As the number is restricted and the power of the contractors greater and longer, I cannot but see it as developing in a punishment threat for troublesome claimants.

3- In addition, as it happens today, whatever illegality will be fostered on us, nobody of the perpetrators will be affected. Even more so if the contractor is both operating in an ambiguous regulation framework and have more incentive to extract the maximum profit on a smaller number of people. In addition because the contractor are more or less the same, they can pick and choose their proven best performing employees for the task.

I think that that procedural objection will have only a limited impact on this sort of program.
Probably more effective, considering that, if I am right, troublemaker will be more statistically involved, would be organised collective action within the program.
Some form of resistance - that would cost the subcontractors (the ones the unfortunate victims will have to deal with as during past workfare slavery) more that they can earn.

Brutus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:16 am

Last edited by Non Deficere on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Non Deficere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by echidna on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:28 pm

Caker wrote:
echidna wrote:Just got told recently that people unemployed for over 2 years will be placed on WHP mandatory from April 2018 in my area.

Does that include people who have been on the WP already?

Yes it does include people previously on the Work programme

echidna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:36 pm

How is this period of unemployment of two years calculated? If I am getting close to two years unemployed, can I just sign off for a couple of weeks?

Jara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:09 pm

[quote="Non Deficere"]

The JC work coach cannot override the random selection process for the long term unemployed (24months +).

Does anyone know what the criteria for 'random selection process' is? As I thought you where on the JCP books for 2 yrs and then you where placed on the HWP provider list regrdless? No
El-dudeareno

View user profile http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2